Any one run Dr.D WetSump eliminator kit?

5 replies to this topic
  • TampaBoy813

Posted July 23, 2004 - 06:51 AM

I was looking in to this for my quad because of the Large rad I run it would make it alot easier to make it all Fit....Just want your Info On this...

-Paul :thumbsup:

• TampaBoy813

Posted July 23, 2004 - 11:28 AM

heres a pic they sent me with INFO on the kit
Posted Image
[/img] :thumbsup:

• Rick_Kienle

Posted July 23, 2004 - 01:53 PM

I run the wet sump kit on my 250F. It was pretty easy to install. I like the clean look of the engine without all the oil lines and like the ad says, say goodbye to 3 pounds of weight. That may not be as much of a concern on a quad.

I think that if you keep up with oil changes, actually do them more often, there is really no down side. I change my oil ~2 hours.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yz426onNOS

Posted July 23, 2004 - 04:07 PM

I personally would not run that at all. You cant run an oil cooler with it. Plus I like having oil pumped to all the components.

• grayracer513

Posted July 24, 2004 - 09:06 PM

I like having oil pumped to all the components.

The oil is pumped to all components exactly as it is in the stock dry sump system. Converting to a wet sump eliminates the return side of the oil system and alters the feed side to pick up oil from the crankcase rather than the oil tank. Otherwise, it works the same as stock.

That being said, my objections to wet sumps in general are: 1)a dry sump like the YZ's is less likely to experience an interruption of oil feed due to bouncing around or ending up on its side, or even while doing a prolonged wheelie. 2) Things can happen to cause the unexpected loss of a significant amount of oil before it is noticed. My son's 250F had a case cover gasket slip in just under the kick starter and lost 700cc of oil on a 30 minute ride. In a CRF wet sump, that's all there is.

I'll stay with a dry sump and eat the three pounds.

• TampaBoy813

Posted July 25, 2004 - 11:04 AM

Oiltank it is...for me....real good info and points made on this post...

thanxs a lot guy with all your help on building my new / Old quad....

-Paul :thumbsup: :devil:

Related Content

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.