hELP. BLACK RUBBERY STUFF IN RADIATOR?

2 replies to this topic
  • JMC

Posted July 23, 2004 - 03:20 AM

OK, SEARCHED THE FORUMS FOR THIS ONE W/NO LUCK. AFTER LOOKING IN MY RAD. I FOUND SOME BLACK STUFF FLOATING IN THE COOLANT. IT IS NOT OIL, MORE LIKE RUBBER. ONLY THING I CAN THINK OF IS THE PREVI0US OWNER PUT SOME BARS LEAK (or the like)IN IT. ANY IDEAS? WATER PUMP SEAL?
ALSO WENT FOR MY FIRST "KID CHASING" RIDE YESTERDAY. FOR THOSE IN MICHIGAN WE WENT TO THE LEOTA LOOP. FIRST THING, OOPS!!!! PW AND XR 50's DONT LIKE THE SAND. I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN BUT WE ALL HAD FUN. JUST STARTED A HOLE NEW ADVENTURE IN RIDING FOR SURE. IF ANYONE IS WONDERING, NO MY YZF400 DID NOT BOIL OVER, MY BIGGEST FEAR W/THIS BIKE. GOOD THING IT STARTS ON THE FIRST KICK THOUGH. LOL. NOW ITS OFF TO EBAY TO TRY AND FIND A BIGGER REAR SPROCKET!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • John_Lorenz

Posted July 23, 2004 - 04:00 AM

First Suggestion

TAKE THE CAPS LOCK OFFFFFFFFFF

its equal to yelling

Next Check oil to see if coolant is evedent

Next flush the rad do not use any flushing chemical simply use water to fulsh it through

Next fill it with 100% distilled water and run it until the bike is at opertaing temp

Flush again

fill 50% distilled and 50% Coolant RUn normal see if the stuff comes back.

• JMC

Posted July 23, 2004 - 03:04 PM

yeah i know about the caps lock.
i will do the coolant change, just wanted to know if anyone else had a similar problem. no coolant in oil or vice versa. got home late after the ride and had no time to do the obvious. thought it could of been a reg. prob.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.