Broken stock trip meter

6 replies to this topic
  • Joe_P

Posted July 22, 2004 - 07:32 PM

Has anyone broken their stock trip meter? I went to reset it tonight and I pulled out the dial. I didn't use any more force than I usually do and I didn't hear anything break, I just pulled it out. I couldn't seem to get it set right again and I didn't find anything in the repair manual to help me out. I know I'd be better off with a TrailTech, I'm just a little strapped for cash.

Any advice would be great. Thanks :thumbsup:

• sabin

Posted July 22, 2004 - 08:27 PM

You are luchy you did not lost it! There is a small screw inside the dial that gets loose....

• jim-in-so-ore

Posted July 23, 2004 - 03:46 AM

PM me with your address and I will send you the one off of my WR 450.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • iNSaNe

Posted July 23, 2004 - 08:55 PM

My odometer was the unfortunate victim of the first crash on my bike. Just the cable is snapped where it enteres the hub. I can sell just the counter unit if someone wants it. That is assuming it seperates from the cable, I've never looked.

Looking to get a Trailtech anyway, anyone know if TT sells Trailtech's?

• trunkmonkey55

Posted July 25, 2004 - 06:02 AM

I don't know if TT sells one but thay are a great improvement. the going back to zero on my odm. without an hour of turning that dumb knob was worth the $75. plus it has alot of cool other stuff on it.

• TallBoysWRF

Posted July 26, 2004 - 06:27 AM

I would recommend the trail tech too. It is loaded with handy features (oil/maint. reminders, average speed, ride time etc.) and from what I have seen of mine, they are fairly durable and reliable.

• jim-in-so-ore

Posted July 28, 2004 - 12:50 PM

I posted this many years ago, but if you used the knob from a TTR 250 it makes it much quicker to reset. It is about 3 times the diameter so it makes it easier to find & turn.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.