Wish me luck-Attempting to get plate @ DMV tomorrow

13 replies to this topic
  • r_dawg1021

Posted July 22, 2004 - 06:21 PM

Well. I've got everything installed on the bike and the next logical step is to get this thing legal. Gonna put on my best cologne and threads and be really nice. If it doesnt work than there's no hope for me. I'll be sure to send an update when and if I get it. :thumbsup:

• ddialogue

Posted July 22, 2004 - 06:22 PM

GOOD LUCK!! :thumbsup: :awww: :devil:

• simon@vic

Posted July 22, 2004 - 06:25 PM

why wouldnt they give it to you ?

• r_dawg1021

Posted July 22, 2004 - 06:27 PM

That's a good question. I've got registration, insurance, etc...I've read up on other people experiences so I am thinking it should be cool. When dealing with the DMV there's always a big variable, that being the person you deal with at the office. I'm obviously hoping it goes smoothly but with the lack of documenation for this process I'm a little worried.

• ETP

Posted July 22, 2004 - 07:11 PM

Send the wife or girl friend. Heard that works better than threads
Good luck. :thumbsup:

• J_DOGG

Posted July 23, 2004 - 03:16 AM

Got a plate on mine and I didn't even put a directional kit on it or High beams. I just did the brake light, left side mirror and a horn and it still has the stock knobbies...

go to love NH-aaaa baby!

• jim-in-so-ore

Posted July 23, 2004 - 03:44 AM

I have plated a 99 WR400 and also my 03 WR450. No hassles. Here in Oregon they just want the money. I was told by the DMV lady that It was not DMVs problem to make it legal, it's yours. She wouldn't even come out to inspect it. She asked me if it was now street legal, I said "yes" she said "That will be $50.00 for a 4 year Plate"
But good luck anyway. :thumbsup:
Jim

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WR450F_RDR

Posted July 23, 2004 - 04:06 AM

no big deal,I have already plated my 03 450 they wont even want to see the bike, just have registration, insurance and $10.00 in cash (what it cost me at the time.)

• r_dawg1021

Posted July 23, 2004 - 05:44 AM

I have plated a 99 WR400 and also my 03 WR450. No hassles. Here in Oregon they just want the money. I was told by the DMV lady that It was not DMVs problem to make it legal, it's yours. She wouldn't even come out to inspect it. She asked me if it was now street legal, I said "yes" she said "That will be $50.00 for a 4 year Plate"
But good luck anyway. :thumbsup:
Jim

Nice, I'm hoping it's that easy for me. I'm leaving in about an hour. :devil:

• donutman126

Posted July 23, 2004 - 06:13 AM

My dad tried to get his old xr 200 street legal after 3 months of fighting and many trips to dmv he finally gave up :thumbsup: And when i got my yz250f it was registered in oregan and i needed to green stickered in CA (2001) it took 3 trips there and finally my dad called the people in charge of dmv all they said was your green sticker will be in the mail in a week so i guess hes just going to call them from now on

• r_dawg1021

Posted July 23, 2004 - 07:38 AM

Just got back. I had the plate in hand within 5 minutes of walking in the door! Talk about easy! :thumbsup:

It's gonna be a fun weekend.

• ddialogue

Posted July 23, 2004 - 08:37 AM

Just got back. I had the plate in hand within 5 minutes of walking in the door! Talk about easy! :thumbsup:

It's gonna be a fun weekend.

Congrats! :devil:

• r_dawg1021

Posted July 23, 2004 - 09:40 AM

That was the cleanest transaction I've ever had at the DMV. There was no hesitation, I handed her my insurance, registration and form 268 filled out via the web. She said "Let me get your plate real quick". I looked around for a manager or something to tell her this wasnt possible...Oregon is great. Thanks for the luck it worked this time for sure.

• DirtyDude

Posted August 06, 2004 - 11:44 AM

I live in CA. Got my '04 WR450F plated in AZ. Very easy, just a pricey plate! $105 per year! :thumbsup: Should have taken a trip to OR I guess!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.