gas or no gas on the big jump?

7 replies to this topic
  • Sdubya307

Posted July 22, 2004 - 06:08 PM

Just got my first 4-stroke. '04 yz 450f. Is it best to hold on the gas on big tables and doubles, etc. I've heard this is the way to do it. Any comments would be appreciated.

• Fastest1

Posted July 22, 2004 - 06:44 PM

At least stay steady on the gas at first, there is a lot of engine braking with a 4 stroke, respect it.

• Satch0922

Posted July 23, 2004 - 02:13 AM

gas all the way! :thumbsup:

• Ga426owner

Posted July 23, 2004 - 02:19 AM

gas gas & more gas!
"Just Punch it"

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • fastenuf4u

Posted July 23, 2004 - 03:21 AM

I would definitely reccomend gassing all the way. Just be ready to grab the clutch and tap the back brake if the front ends comes up too much. I have tried both and I would much rathter drop my front end than try to raise it when she's in a nose dive!

• crf450f

Posted July 23, 2004 - 04:30 AM

Steady gas, I learned the hard way and rode it like a 2 smoke. One time I let off the gas as the back week was still on the lip of the jump, and did a front end landing "SCARRY!!!!". Learned this trick quick. Good luck.

• Sdubya307

Posted July 25, 2004 - 12:48 PM

thanks so much.Sdubya307

• Hank

Posted July 30, 2004 - 05:02 AM

Gas it till you can roll it and scrub some speed, the more gas you give the more lip your gonna get and air it out a bit... the lip is important, if it is stiff and sharp stay on the throttle, if it rolls off the top you can roll the hit, keeping in mind you have to carry speed to roll a hit but isnt that the whole point, to carry speed into a hit and after a hit while minimizing the amount of time you are in the air and not on the throttle.... :thumbsup:

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.