rear alignment

9 replies to this topic
  • geeeorge

Posted July 22, 2004 - 01:06 PM

my rear tire keeps rubbing my exhaust when i do small jumps or even whoops i know this is not supposed to happen, is there a way to move the swing arm a little bit to the left. If anyone has any ideas how to fix the problem please let me know.

• yzwiley

Posted July 22, 2004 - 01:32 PM

There's no way to move the swingarm.

Your problem is most likely a bent subframe.

• Wyatt

Posted July 23, 2004 - 03:41 AM

Yeah......what he said

• John_Lorenz

Posted July 23, 2004 - 03:56 AM

Yeah......what he said

What he said about what he said :thumbsup: and raise it a Ditto

• YAMAKAZE

Posted July 23, 2004 - 07:41 AM

My subframe is Not bent and my FMF T-4 rubbed the inside sticker off from day one....

Hmmmmmmm

Bonzai :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • John_Lorenz

Posted July 23, 2004 - 07:47 AM

Ok then What he said :thumbsup:

• TimFurryBalls

Posted July 23, 2004 - 07:47 AM

Try putting a couple of washers against your subframe to move the exhaust out a bit. . .

• Wyatt

Posted July 23, 2004 - 09:21 AM

Try putting a couple of washers against your subframe to move the exhaust out a bit. . .

what he said...........

• jmw00

Posted July 23, 2004 - 10:33 AM

Yes, what all of those guys said, but just for your info... I am not sure what cc bike you have but there is a subframe on ebay for 400, 426 for a buy it now price of $60 and another that bid price is only $30 so far.. :thumbsup: if it turns out to be your subframe

• Hank

Posted July 28, 2004 - 07:57 AM

There is suppost to be a quarter inch spacer that sits on the inside of the harness that holds the pipe. make sure that is there, i know if you go down you will also have that harness smash in a bit, if you undo the rear harness what ever you want to call it that pipe should be able to move right or left a couple inches, if it will not move right you might have a bent pipe forcing it to far to the left... anyway been there done that I went down and had the bending to do to get it to clear the tire... Unless you are running an unreal wide tire... stock is 90/110 anything bigger thatn 90/120 might rub ya ... not in a good way... :thumbsup:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.