WR Backfires

4 replies to this topic
  • trunkmonkey55

Posted July 21, 2004 - 02:15 PM

If my bike backfires is it to lean or to rich

• WR450F_RDR

Posted July 21, 2004 - 04:42 PM

lean

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Hamish

Posted July 21, 2004 - 09:06 PM

I assume you are talking about on acceleration. It could be either, more than likely lean. If it's a crackly noise it's lean. If it's a pop it's rich.

• trunkmonkey55

Posted July 22, 2004 - 08:58 PM

its on decel. and its a super loud pop with flames you can see if spark arr. is off.

• The_Missile

Posted July 26, 2004 - 01:01 AM

flameS ?? Plural ? is that a new mod we havent heard about before ?? I used to get one big POP of a flame out of my Stroker SX-1. Scared the living bejeezus out of me first time: I pulled into my dark garage, stepped off the bike and it then blew out a blue flame with a big popping sound !!

.......Sounds rich if there are flames, but if you put a freer flowing exhaust then its lean. Or leaner. Maybe it was way way rich before and is now only a little leaner, but still too much ? I dont know but I guess that the innards of a silencer could be different one to the next to allow flames vs prior silencer.??

finally....is you air filter clean. If you havent cleaned it in a looooong time it can/will richen the mixture considerably, especially if you have been riding in dusty conditions

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.