removing down tube oil screen?

3 replies to this topic
  • xrbrp

Posted July 21, 2004 - 08:18 AM

Do I need to remove the inlet and outlet pipe assembly just to clean the down tube oil screen? or can I remove the bolt and chage the screen.

The service manual indicates I have to remove the entire assembly. does anybody do it differently?

• Kritter

Posted July 21, 2004 - 10:14 AM

pull out the bolt that secures the banjo in and once you hace that out you can get a socket on the bolt that hold the screen on. Be sure no to lose the crush washer.

I was just told about the screen the other day so I figured I would check it out. I was unaware of location and thought I was told it was on teh inlet from teh oil reservoir so after I take off the coolant hose inlet to get access to the hose fitting...I realize there is no filter there and now have coolant all over the place...

Oh well, guess I shoulda checked the manual. My screen had hardly anythign on it and has maybe 500 -800 miles on it with oil changes maybe every 100-150 miles.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • xrbrp

Posted July 21, 2004 - 11:02 AM

thanks, I do not have to take the whole assembly off then, just the bolt and screen.

• mikekay

Posted July 22, 2004 - 07:22 PM

Remeber--theres another, second screen to be cleaned once in awhile...

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.