YZ 450 Exhaust

2 replies to this topic
  • r_egan

Posted July 21, 2004 - 07:12 AM

Would an exhaust system from a 2003 YZ 450F be a direct bolt up to an '04 WR 450F ? Is there any benifit to replacing the stock WR exhaust with a YZ exhaust ?

Thanks,

Ron

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RichBaker

Posted July 21, 2004 - 02:07 PM

Far as I know, it should bolt up. More noise, slightly better mid-range and more top-end power. Biggest down-side...lots louder :thumbsup: not suitable for off-road, off-track use. It'd be good for moto though...

• PBDBLUE

Posted July 21, 2004 - 04:14 PM

I run a YZ exhaust on my 450. Actually it's significantly quieter than the stocker uncorked. Ok for the desert but not quiet enough to be forest friendly. Weighs about half as much. You'll need a longer bolt for the rear hanger as the YZ uses a rubber bushing instead of a flat plate for mounting. Other than that it will bolt right up.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.