CRD Slip-On Exhaust- 650R

8 replies to this topic
  • Mikie1

Posted July 21, 2004 - 03:52 AM

Anyone had experience with this exhaust? I haven't installed it yet, but from what I understand it's REALLY quiet(88db)- I can see why. It's about 4-5" longer than the stocker and the riveted-on endcap is only 28mm diameter- much smaller than the modified stocker or HRC tip. Imagine it doesn't allow the bike to breathe very well...

Just wondering if anyone's experimented, maybe shortening it a bit and using a bigger-diameter endcap? I don't want it to be too loud, but I think it could gain a few dbs (say 93-94) & still be OK. It'd be a shame not to use this- it looks to be very durable & high quality. Anyone??

• Mikie1

Posted July 28, 2004 - 07:58 PM

Anyone want it?

I've decided to stick with the stocker. The CRD looks super cool, but I've got the Edelbrock carb all dialed in just right & don't want to mess with it. Should be perfect for dual sport or where you want to be REALLY quiet. It's never been on the bike. $150.

• DrGMatic

Posted August 02, 2004 - 06:12 PM

Mike,
If it's still available, I'd be interested.
Let me know,
K

• DrGMatic

Posted August 02, 2004 - 06:16 PM

Hey Mike,
Let me know if you still have it.
Thanks,
K

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mikekay

Posted August 02, 2004 - 06:42 PM

I am looking for a pipe that will pass the 94 decibel FIM limit.

Your slip on might really be the ticket.

I know DrGMatic beat me to the punch--but i really really need that slip on!

ANy chance i can get it?

• qadsan

Posted August 03, 2004 - 06:51 AM

I am looking for a pipe that will pass the 94 decibel FIM limit.

What we need is a variable geometry exhaust nozzle to deliver maximum performance with minimum sound when it counts. Perhaps a variable orifice exhaust insert would be another consideration. I'm just waiting for someone to get established and to make good money off these and other ideas before I cash in on their infringements :thumbsup:

• flyinW

Posted August 07, 2004 - 06:39 AM

I'm interested... got pics??

L8R

• mikekay

Posted August 07, 2004 - 09:22 AM

Gary i just changed bits on my portable drill----the orifice gets bigger for large bits, smaller for little bits. Why not the same for the end of a pipe?

A bolt on adjustable orfice for the endcap would be sweet. You could bolt it on to many different pipes.

• Mikie1

Posted August 10, 2004 - 06:51 AM

Sorry guys- you responded too slow! Sold on eBay within a couple hours.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.