'04 yz 450f stock front tire

7 replies to this topic
  • Sdubya307

Posted July 20, 2004 - 05:59 PM

I just bought my 450f for $5000.00 out the door. great deal. The stock front tire seems to slide in turns a little bit. Any comments on this tire. My riding partner says I need to change it.

• bud

Posted July 21, 2004 - 01:35 AM

i change the stock 739 tires as soon as i get the bike home. they are only good for extreme hard pack or rock. i live in southeast alabama and i run dunlop 773 front and rear.

• Vet28

Posted July 21, 2004 - 02:20 AM

do yourself a big favor...throw the stock tires (or atleast the front) in the garbage right away. They are brutal and can cause no end of pain, if left on. I always run the Michelin MH2, or MS2...usually H. Very durable and they stick nice of harder soil. I hear alot of good about some of the Dunlop tires, but so far I have stuck with Michelin. Good luck and enjoy.

Vet28

• MichaelH

Posted September 06, 2004 - 10:55 PM

See...listen to your riding partner!
(especially when I'm in a cast recovering) Damm.
http://www.thumperta...cons/tongue.gif
MH

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ga426owner

Posted September 07, 2004 - 05:31 AM

I just bought my 450f for $5000.00 out the door. great deal. The stock front tire seems to slide in turns a little bit. Any comments on this tire. My riding partner says I need to change it.

Was this for a 05? What is your terrain that you ride on ? I find the 739 is no good for the soil/dirt in the S.E. - on wet or mud they are just dangerous!Michelins MS2/MH2 or M12/S12 work wonders for me - Dunlops 752/773/756 work but wear out too fast -

• Matt96xr6

Posted September 07, 2004 - 06:23 AM

I run the 742 up front with EXCELLENT results. Great all around tire.

• grayracer513

Posted September 07, 2004 - 04:33 PM

The stock 739FA is, as was said, a hard surface tire with a limited ability to work very well in anything looser than medium-hard. The tire you choose to replace it with will depend on where and in what you ride. Dunlop's 742 is a hard to interemediate tire with pretty good versatily. The 756 is a very versatile intermediate. I run these two in SoCal most of the time. The 773 is a good soft to intermediate tire.

Rear sag adjustment and fork tube position can contribute to a push, too, as can the fork rebound settings.

• Satch0922

Posted September 07, 2004 - 05:34 PM

I am partial to the Dunlop 756...sticks lick velcro! LOL The 739 is a guaranteed trip to the ER.....get rid of like a bad habit!

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.