Oil Change

5 replies to this topic
  • Fyrnsmk

Posted July 20, 2004 - 04:15 PM

sup guys.. i am new to the world of 4-strokes and was questioning the amount of times to swap the frame filter... the one behind the skid plate.... i change my oil every 2 rides and have two rides on my new to me 00' 426. Thanks!

• yz426onNOS

Posted July 20, 2004 - 07:42 PM

I have never changed mine. Just do the copper seal. Unless it starts to look bad then your fine.

• Satch0922

Posted July 21, 2004 - 11:02 AM

IF your referring to the strainer/screen in the frame I would suggest cleaning at least twice per season. I have never had much in mine to clean out but better safe than sorry.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RJB

Posted July 21, 2004 - 01:12 PM

Never changed/replaced mine and everytime I change the oil, I check it. Have yet to find anything in it

• jdd123

Posted July 21, 2004 - 01:53 PM

The screen only needs replacing if damaged. I like the twice a season suggestion. I was starting to check the frame screen every other oil change. Neither of my bikes have had any particles caught in the screen.

• yz426onNOS

Posted July 21, 2004 - 02:19 PM

I belive that screen is just there to filter out big debris that my eneter the system from filling and checking the oil level. I may be wrong though.

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.