Clutch suggestions?

4 replies to this topic
  • dirt_pilot

Posted July 20, 2004 - 03:41 PM

I have a rekluse z start in the bike which I love. However lately I feel like I am losing power. I havent replaced my clutch stack since I bought the bike, its an '03. I know it has been burnt and overheated and I think this is causing my loss of grunt coming out of the corners. How often do you change your clutch stack and what is the best replacement.

• John_Lorenz

Posted July 20, 2004 - 03:52 PM

Reklus recomends the OEM Honda CR125, may want to cal Reklus for exact info.

But Al advised me the Stock OEM Yamaha is el natural.

As far as replacment, that depends on how you ride and how often.

I would suggest,
1: Check the Specs on your Fiber and Plates

2: Check and adjust if needed your Install Gap

3: All the above

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yzf450jack

Posted July 20, 2004 - 04:43 PM

Yes you need new clutch plates i had to put new plates in about every 4 weeks :lol: and then out came the auto and went back to manuel NO MORE :devil: :awww: :lol: :D :D :snore: :lol: :thumbsup: :D :lol: :awww:

• dirt_pilot

Posted July 20, 2004 - 05:58 PM

I am sorry about this late reply, had to go out with the family. Why were you changing plates every 4 weeks, I haven't heard that from anybody else using an auto. Mine will come out too if thats the case.

• XXX_Thumper

Posted July 21, 2004 - 08:43 AM

New Plates every 4 weeks? :devil: That sounds a bit excessive. Sounds like your riding her like a 2 smoke. :thumbsup:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.