WR400 owners???

3 replies to this topic
  • Hamish

Posted July 20, 2004 - 01:10 AM

My boss is looking at getting a WR400. Any problems that they had over and above the usual 426 stuff? Any year models that are best avoided?

• Brettv

Posted July 20, 2004 - 01:53 AM

gday Hamish, ive got a 99, the only things i would look for are, the throttle slide..., make sure the bearings in the swingarm and linkage are still good, u have to loosen the header to change the oil filter, apart from that i think their a top bike, and check the accelerator pump arm, and diaphram for wear, dirt and crap gets in easy,
Cheers :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Wrfrk

Posted July 20, 2004 - 12:40 PM

I've got the '00 400 and from what I understand most of the problems related to the '98/'99 models were resolved in the '00. I've only had mine for a short time and so far nothing to report problem wise....

• big_G

Posted August 04, 2004 - 06:01 PM

if there's a problem specific to my bike, i sure the hell haven't found it.. i'd score it a 11 on a scale of 10 and bulletproof basically

uncork the pipe and maybe file the throttle stop a bit for a little extra arm ripper, and thats all i've done to mine

so what problems are you guys talkin about anyways???

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.