Help with the throttle mod...

10 replies to this topic
  • 3boyz3dogz

Posted July 19, 2004 - 07:44 PM

I want to do the throttle stop mod on my '04 WR 450. I want to replace it with the YZ throttle stop. I talked to the mechanic at the Yamaha dealership, he said there is no shorter YZ throttle stop to replace the WR, that I have to cut the WR one. Reading the forum here, a lot of guys have bought them. Where can I get the part? Do I need to go to a different dealer? Thanks.........

• V968231

Posted July 20, 2004 - 12:45 AM

Take a look @

The part number is listed there

• RNH

Posted July 20, 2004 - 03:48 AM

Try a different dealer or look the part number up yourself at the Yamaha website.

• StreetbikePimp

Posted July 20, 2004 - 04:45 AM

Tell your dealer to do some homework and read up on That way he doesn't look like a idiot the next time someone asks him a question.

• 3boyz3dogz

Posted July 20, 2004 - 09:58 AM

Thanks for all your help. I got the part number and now I can go buy it. I thought that would be easier than hacking the longer one...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • luke_n

Posted July 20, 2004 - 06:41 PM

Streetbikepimp im a little scared to click on your link to LOL :thumbsup:

• StreetbikePimp

Posted July 21, 2004 - 05:05 AM

I'm an engineer. I suck at spelling.

• tcmII

Posted July 23, 2004 - 04:44 PM

Have your dealer look in the Yamaha Bulletin Book. There is a whole section on setting up the WR for "closed course" use. It should have the stop number and, I think, there is info on the grey wire mod.

If you still can't get the pn let me know. I bought one from the dealer near me and I may be able to find the receipt. By the way, the stop does not work on the 1998 WR.

• trunkmonkey55

Posted July 23, 2004 - 08:13 PM

I just took mine to the grinder. kinda easy just messure twice cut once or is that with wood. what ever my stop works so I figure I did kinda good. :thumbsup: :devil:

• tcmII

Posted July 24, 2004 - 10:34 AM

I was just in the garage and found a Yamaha part wrapper. I am pretty sure that it was for the throttle stop screw. the pn is 5JG-14591-00. Make sure that you have the dealer check before you order.

• Rick_Kienle

Posted July 26, 2004 - 08:15 AM

Correct. From 2004 YZ450F parts fiche:

5JG-14591-00-00 .SCREW

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.