spongy front brake.

4 replies to this topic
  • yamaman

Posted August 17, 2002 - 12:57 PM

My front brake is spongy on the old thumper. I bleaded the front brake and it did not make a difference. Maybe I need a new cable? Not sure, any advise.
Thanks

• yamaman

Posted August 17, 2002 - 12:59 PM

Sorry I posted twice.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Shawn_Mc

Posted August 18, 2002 - 07:09 AM

Bleed it again. You may have a bad line. They dont last forever. Leave the cap off the resi while bleeding the system. Also, use a piece of clear tubing, into a clear container, make sure the tubing end is submerged into brake fluid, so you dont suck air back up, and slowly pump the lever. Dont bother with the whole "pump it up and hold it, now crack the bleeder, then snug the bleeder, and pump it back up" routine. Just keep filling the the resi and pumping the fluid through. Sometimes tapping the caliper while slowly pumping the lever can aid removing a stubborned bubble. Get some brake cleaner too, inevitabley you get brake fluid on the rotor. Dont let the resi run empty while pumping, youll just end up where you started. Good luck :)

• MN_Kevin

Posted August 18, 2002 - 09:31 PM

The ANSWER is ...

Stainless steel front brake line. You can go stock or Honda type re-route kit.
As long as you ARE NOT planning on putting on a headlight, go w/ the Honda kit. It does have a SPECIFIC length brakeline for it.

• yamaman

Posted August 18, 2002 - 10:30 AM

Thanks for the help.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.