04 starter upgrade parts for 198 shipped

I just ordered the parts necessary for updating my 03 to 04 starter specs. Karl from e-lee ford/yamaha/suzuki will sell you the necessary parts for 198 shipped. I got the part numbers from the main thread about this. I hope that is all the parts needed. Their number is 1-800-253-4161

5TJ-15560-00-00 Torque Limiter

4GY-15521-00-00 Shaft for inside the Torque Limiter

5TJ-1549B-00-00 Side Case Cover for the Torque Limiter

90201-105A8-00-00 (2) Thrust Washers for the T.L.

90380-10002-00 side case bushing

5TJ-15451-00-00 Side Case Gasket

?

Chris --

You don't actually need to buy the '04 side cover. You can get the bushing for the '04 cover that presses into the '03 cover. Not sure where the part number is but you can find it using the search. That should save you $75 or so...

:devil:?

Chris,

The peace of mind is definitely worth the expense. If you find a shop smart enough to order the bushing let me know. I have an extra side cover I would like to make usefull in the event i need it. I went to Plaza Cycle and gave them the bushing part #. They sat there and looked confused because it wasn't in their disk. I believe that they are afraid of telephone ordering.

?

:devil:

I hate to mess with the rock solid dependability I have right now but you guys are makin this too easy. The magic button was nice while I had it. I guess I will have to get a new battery and order the parts. On second thought maybe I will wait and get some long term results from you. Tim

Ok. I updated the price with the bushing in place of the whole cover. 198 shipped!

Since you saved some bucks...you can buy me an ice cold Pepsi the next time we're out. :devil:

Buy me one too Chris, just because he's my brother! ?

On second thought maybe I will wait and get some long term results from you. Tim

Timvv51, I'd go for it. A number of guys have done this mod with great results including one of my my riding partners. I think the lack of any reported issues on the 04's demonstrates that the fix is the real deal.

• 4 weeks later...