Help installing the GYT-R Ti header on my WR stock muffler

2 replies to this topic
  • gawarrior

Posted July 19, 2004 - 01:31 PM

First of all will that work? I got the new header today and the stock WR Muffler has a rubber whatchamacallit just on the inside of where the new header will go into the stock muffler pipe. Shoud I remove it or will that cause a problem? I am supposed to be getting a YZ muffler sometime. Still waiting on it to arrive. But I wanted to go ahead and mount it if I can.

thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • scheffaa

Posted July 19, 2004 - 04:08 PM

should be fine, the rubber ring is most likely a gasket to stop leaks and keep water from getting into the pipe, you can istall the GYT-R header to a standard pipe.

• gawarrior

Posted July 20, 2004 - 03:47 AM

Good deal. I will go ahead and install it tonight then. I thought it would be fine, just wanted to make sure. I would like to put it on with the YZ muffler, but I don't think it is gonna be here any time soon. :thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.