Jetting help

3 replies to this topic
  • trunkmonkey55

Posted July 19, 2004 - 09:14 AM

I live in portland Oregon. Close to sea level. not to humid and temps go from 30 to 90 eg. days. My bike backfires and Sometimes is hesitent to blast off on a quick throdle. I want to know what to do to stop it and help my problem. A JD jetting kit is in my future but I need help now. :thumbsup:

• TWSimpson

Posted July 20, 2004 - 02:35 AM

First off, order the JD kit. Second, these bikes have a tendancy to run lean. You need to richen your mixture. Also to get more help it would be a good idea to list what main you're running and the clip position on your needle. :devil: You say your close to sea level but do you know what your current jetting is? :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WR450F_RDR

Posted July 20, 2004 - 03:59 AM

I live farther south than you but if you look at my signature line it shows the setup that works for me, I usually lean it by a 1/4 turn when I go to the Dunes and ride.Knowing your current setup would help to fix it, also I agree most bikes from the dealer are jetted lean.

• trunkmonkey55

Posted July 21, 2004 - 01:31 PM

I have a 165 main and the neddle is in clip 4

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.