tracks in Florida...

8 replies to this topic
  • Bambislayer

Posted August 16, 2002 - 07:56 AM

any good places to ride in the melbourne, fl area?

• beachthumper

Posted August 16, 2002 - 08:02 AM

I don't know of any in the Melbourne area but Pax Trac in Bunnel justnorth of Daytona is good and they just opened up a nice track in Waldo (see

• BK14MX

Posted August 16, 2002 - 08:21 AM

Theres also a track about 45 minutes from melbourne, and one in Okeechobee, about 1:20 minutes away. There are places to ride that aren't organized tracks, but nothing to brag about. A new track opened up near Gainseville, haven't been there yet but I've heard good things about it.

[ August 16, 2002: Message edited by: BK14MX ]

Posted August 16, 2002 - 08:45 PM

Whats happening with fellsmere?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • sirthumpalot

Posted August 17, 2002 - 11:55 AM

I'm not sure about fellsmere, but here's the latest flyer that I received from Thundercross in Okeechobee (very fun track). They're having some races there the next couple of weekends (info in the flyer).

Thundercross Flyer

Posted August 17, 2002 - 03:22 PM

I'll be there at least twice a week practicing, then racing in the fall.
I'll split up practice sessions between there and dania.
Moroso is building an AMA outdoor motocross track that will supposedly be ready in november-december.
God I cant wait for that.

Do you race?

• BK14MX

Posted August 17, 2002 - 03:51 PM

The word out is Mesa Park(Fellsmere) property was bought by two doctors from Vero Beach and is slated to become a golf course. It seems the Commisioning Board of Fellsmere thinks motorsports bring in a bad element to the area. Which is a huge joke, if anyone has ever spent much time near there. Its all about the $$ the new golf course and subdivisions will bring in.

Hey Omega, thats great news about Moroso, thats not too far away from Melbourne. Keep the updates coming!!

[ August 17, 2002, 06:54 PM: Message edited by: BK14MX ]

• sirthumpalot

Posted August 17, 2002 - 06:09 PM

No races for me YET. Definitely on the to-do list. As soon as I can get at least one ride a week in for a couple of weeks in a row then I'm going to sign up. I'm all over moroso when the track is ready, it's only about 20 min from my house. I hope it's going to be a big fun track, that would be a dream to have something so close! Shoot me a pm or something next time you head to thundercross. I'm going to try to be there for practice next saturday, if you're htere lok for a white tacoma 4x4 with a beach umbrella (no ezup yet..heh..). :)

Mesa being sold to people who intend to develop it makes me sick, but that seems to be the norm here. Anyone with some land sells out to developers asap and it becomes way expensive housing and/or a golf course...

Posted August 17, 2002 - 10:35 PM

Well, you wont be able to miss me.
I'll be on the sickest 2003 525sx you've ever seen, all black bodywork with the orange tank.

Related Content

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

• Hot  36 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

• Hot  79 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.