wierd idle

5 replies to this topic
  • jim-in-so-ore

Posted July 19, 2004 - 06:35 AM

I had my bike sound checked here awhile back and I couldn't make the bike stay at a steady RPM no matter how tight I held the loud handle. I would hold it steady and then the RPMs would drop off. WHATS WRONG?
Thanx, Jim

• jerryls

Posted July 19, 2004 - 08:02 AM

Have you disconnected your TPS yet? That seemed to fix the problem for me (mostly).

• jim-in-so-ore

Posted July 19, 2004 - 08:33 AM

No the TPS is still connected.
My bike surges at any highway speed where I try to keep an even throttle too. My WR400 did this also but when I disconnected the grey wire it was gone. I disconnected the grey wire on this bike over a year ago and it still surges. I think that the two problims are connected. :thumbsup: Any other ideas?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • V968231

Posted July 19, 2004 - 09:00 AM

Follow the following thread:

• jerryls

Posted July 20, 2004 - 08:10 AM

Jim-try this thread too:

• jim-in-so-ore

Posted July 21, 2004 - 03:41 AM

Well guys, last evening after I got home from work I disconnected my TPS. This being National Ride To Work Day, I rode my WR450 to work. After it cleaned out from having the choke on too long, it does NOT seem to have the surge anymore. THANX GUYS!!!!!!!! :thumbsup: I haven't tried to see if the Idle is steady yet, just haven't checked. :devil:

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.