Looking for some input on the YZF 450

7 replies to this topic
  • gerbrony

Posted August 16, 2002 - 03:35 AM

I just dumped my Smoker and plan on getting a new YZF450 Stroker.
Anyone know of a dealing or wholesaler near California giving bulk rates on bikes? Myself and a few of my buddies looking to buy 3 bikes total, 2 2003 YZ 250, 1 2003 YZF 450.
Thanks

• westladog

Posted August 16, 2002 - 04:28 AM

I'm guessing here but I would say that Chapparal will charge you $7500 OTD for the YZF450. That's the price (no pun intended) for living in California.

• therapture

Posted August 17, 2002 - 08:00 AM

Originally posted by westladog:
I'm guessing here but I would say that Chapparal will charge you $7500 OTD for the YZF450. That's the price (no pun intended) for living in California.

That's a rip-off, plain and simple... *sigh*

I do feel sorry for someone having to pay that much....too bad everyone can't put the proverbial foot down and say "we are NOT paying over retail". I would have bought out of state, etc. before I would let a dealer screw me like that.

• Shawn_Mc

Posted August 17, 2002 - 08:50 AM

therapture, its called market price. You get what the people will pay.

As far as getting a deal on the 450 YZ, good luck. I heard that 80% of the planned production line is already sold. Its gonna be a while before the new yamathumper gets cheap.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Mark_UK

Posted August 18, 2002 - 12:54 AM

yamaha is trying to get production up to a level where they can build wr/yzf's all year round,,,currently they build em in one go and thats all you get

• mx317

Posted August 18, 2002 - 02:46 AM

I would not pay over retail for any motorcycle. I would call around and find a dealer that is not taking advantage of the situation, but it is like Shawn Mc said, most of the 450's are already spoken for. The dealer I worked for this summer has deposits on the first 3 he is getting. I'm getting the first one. Now, if it would just get here.

• DoctorRzed

Posted August 18, 2002 - 07:36 AM

I would wait to see if there is any problems w/them(probley not) and I would rather get the 2004 then if there were no changes by 2004 I would get a leftover 2003, and if not any just get the 2004.

• ACTIONMAN

Posted August 18, 2002 - 11:14 AM

cALL THE GUYS AT HOLLYWOOD MOTORCYCLES IN HOLLYWOOD CA, ON HIGHLAND AVE.
ASK FOR ERIC AND YOU WILL GET A GOOD DEAL.
GO IN AND TELL HIM SCOTT SENT YOU HIS WAY..HES A BUDDY AND CAN GET GOOD DEALS.
DRIVE A HARD BARGAIN AS WELL

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.