2002 WR 426 questions

2 replies to this topic
  • BlueMan911

Posted July 18, 2004 - 05:54 PM

When do most of you guys do a top end or do you? I have a very startable WR and I have not done the yz timing or bk mod, will this change the starting reliability? Anyone try an auto clutch? This is now my dual sport bike, a YZ 450F is comming soon.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • sabin

Posted July 18, 2004 - 08:59 PM

I have 2002 wr426, bk mod, yz cam and it has 15000 miles on it. Did valve clearence 3 times, after brake-in and every winter and changed cam chain at 10000 miles. VERY reliable bike!!!

• r1superstar

Posted July 19, 2004 - 11:50 AM

When do most of you guys do a top end or do you? I have a very startable WR and I have not done the yz timing or bk mod, will this change the starting reliability? Anyone try an auto clutch? This is now my dual sport bike, a YZ 450F is comming soon.

I have 3500 hard miles on my '02 WR426. I have checked the valve lash three times. Each time they were in spec. I just recently did a top end on it. Very easy to do!!! I do believe its suggested that a top end be done once a year or every 2500-3000 miles. I coul be wrong as I'm too lazy to go down into the basement and get out the service manual.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.