visiting israel??? please read it!

58 replies to this topic
  • yznvegas

Posted August 15, 2002 - 07:41 AM

Gal wrote: "dont know whay u think its a joke...
coming to israel ,despite all the bad news is not so bad - its a beautiful place, specialy"

Yznvegas: Hey dude, guess what, I like taking my family to lunch and not have to worry about some pyscho blowing himself up in the name of Allah. So, I guess I disagree with you about Israel being a nice place to visit right now. Maybe when all of this unrest between you and Palestine cease, it might not be a bad idea to visit Israel. Not with an illeagal bike though, sorry dude.

You should feel lucky the U.S. is as supportive of your country as it is (myself included). So don't go asking people to smuggle illegal goods into your country and getting people in international hot water.

Oh, and to all you nay sayers that think you are going to sell your bike to this guy. Guess what, if it's illegal to own one of these bike in Israel, then it's illegal to import one too.

• beezer

Posted August 15, 2002 - 08:10 AM

GAL,

I for one would like to visit your country.

I'm a history buff so I would enjoy it.

Once we deal with Saddam hopefully things will calm down and I'll be able to.

• 2000426Rider

Posted August 15, 2002 - 09:21 PM

put me down for $5500 for my low hour 2000 426. I'll drop it off at the airport- even crate it up for you gal.
now...
Let's see some cash! You are getting into a serious import export business here gal!

• Amador

Posted August 15, 2002 - 09:52 PM

Originally posted by yznvegas:
Gal wrote: "dont know whay u think its a joke...
coming to israel ,despite all the bad news is not so bad - its a beautiful place, specialy"

Yznvegas: Hey dude, guess what, I like taking my family to lunch and not have to worry about some pyscho blowing himself up in the name of Allah. So, I guess I disagree with you about Israel being a nice place to visit right now. Maybe when all of this unrest between you and Palestine cease, it might not be a bad idea to visit Israel. Not with an illeagal bike though, sorry dude.

You should feel lucky the U.S. is as supportive of your country as it is (myself included). So don't go asking people to smuggle illegal goods into your country and getting people in international hot water.

Oh, and to all you nay sayers that think you are going to sell your bike to this guy. Guess what, if it's illegal to own one of these bike in Israel, then it's illegal to import one too.

Vegas,

I know that you and I have thrown a lot of darts at each other. I hope that you have taken it as light heartedly as I have. But in all seriousness, this is probably the most jacked up post that I have ever seen. And I really hope that I am not the only one who feels this way.

I think that Gal is aware of the trials that are faced in his homeland with out some punk kid slandering his race.

I for one, do not feel that Gal is trying to do anything shady. I think that he simply is looking to purchase a bike that is unavaliable to him. I do not think that he is looking for stolen goods.

Gal,

Maybe you need to chime in here and state your intentions. As I would hate to be defending a theif.

• John_Lorenz

Posted August 15, 2002 - 10:00 AM

Ditto Amador

The post was boarder line.

typical typicle typiclePosted ImageNvegas

[ August 15, 2002: Message edited by: E.G.O.**** ]

• Hick

Posted August 15, 2002 - 12:30 PM

Originally posted by Amador:
I do not think that he is looking for stolen goods.

Where did you get that part?

I think the legal issue on everybody’s mind here, save yours, is smuggling. As far as I can read only you mentioned a stolen bike.

Gal himself used the word illegal, but whether he meant black market or just not street legal is what I’m confused about.

In El Paso it is relatively common for Juarenses to purchase new merchandise and unwrap/uncrate it in the parking lot, then cross with it to avoid paying the duty on an imported good (I presume that they say they are helping somebody move, or if it were a bike that they had gone riding in El Paso).

Now, that is all well and good, even if you are caught a ten or twenty dollar bill, and a good command of the local customs (and language), is all you need to continue on your way.

But that may not be the case in Israel.

• Uncle_Rich

Posted August 15, 2002 - 01:56 PM

Hey GAL Why dont you have a ThumpperTalk Ride in Israel. Then when were done we will just sell all our stuff and buy a plane ticket home!

That would be one fun vacation.

Rich

• yznvegas

Posted August 15, 2002 - 03:46 PM

Amador wrote: I think that Gal is aware of the trials that are faced in his homeland with out some punk kid slandering his race.

Well, obviously you are taking lessons from friggin Johnny Cochran or something with that weak ass race card your trying to play right now.

Why don't you go re-read my post before you go spouting off accusations of racism. I never said anything bad about Israilis, I even said I agree with America's support on their cause. I did Israel was not a place I would consider a safe place to take a vacation.

Go read the post again and if you still think it was meant as a racist shot against Israelis you let me know. I might be able to hook you up with a 5th grade teacher and teach you some comprehension skills boy.

No one said anything about STOLEN bikes, so before you go blowing that diariah out of keyboard, think next time. You can always go and edit your post and apologize for accusing me of being a racist, I'll accept.

• gal

Posted August 16, 2002 - 01:27 AM

sorry - but its my bad english. when i say illgal i meant a bike which is not authorized to go on the pablic highway not something illigal by the law here. the dealers in israel dont c a good market in selling mx/enduro bikes because of the low demand. the only dirtbikes u can buy here is a street legal ktm 400/520/250/300 exc's with blinkers and all the extras that nobody wants - but it must have for street legal bikes. i would never ask something illigal by the law friends - wake up!!!! i just want 450wr or 450ktm in a fair price.... thats it - i nobody comes please give me a dealer name in ur country, i prefer in europe cause its closer - and ill contact them. im thinking of getting it in two different ways:
1 by the sea - the whole bike on a boat
2 by air - to separete all the parts and sending it to israel
3 come to ur country and get it myself

i think best way is someone that can send it to me in pieces....

• gal

Posted August 16, 2002 - 01:52 AM

sorry 4 the delay
sorry again 4 all the mess - what i need is a bike that is not street legal
2 israel is still a beautiful place and not every second man get him self killed , im sure there are a lot of places in the world that are more dengereus at the mom.
3 who said a stolen bike??????????????????
4 the customs on any veicle here is about 150% - and in the near future (like i read in one of our newspaper) dirtbikes and atv's want b considered as a veicle but as a sport goods like a mountain bike or a football. thats way the yamaha/ktm and all dont sell a lot of bikes here - a street legal wr 426 cost here 11000$ because of the taxs and customs. if u would look curfully u can see that i allready own a yz426f 2000 that i bought in NY and brought it with me in a bag and send the frame and wheels by mail . anything i send by mail is taxed so i payed much less the 11000. and one more thing - mx bikes like mine can never b street legal here inpite what u will add it( lighting kits and all) so a person who wants mx bike here needs to buy it somewhere else and ship it over or get a wr and make it a yz.....
5 i myself belong to a small community of dirtriders in israel, not more then 50-70 serious riders and all the dirbike subject is still young here. we use to ride dr650's because that was the only bike we could get here for dirtriding - but now due to the globalization things are changing and most of us riding good bikes(like myself).
6 all the service to the bike i do by myself cause almost no one knows how to treat a yz here
7 im sorry i started this massege.........

again sorry 4 the mess but now i guess all of u understand me - and please calm down - i love u all u dirtriders....

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • beezer

Posted August 16, 2002 - 03:12 AM

GAL,
Don't be sorry we like to argue!

We enjoy fighting amongst ourselves.

Until the new 450's come out flaming is all we have.

Shalom

• yznvegas

Posted August 16, 2002 - 04:23 AM

Gal, yes your first post was unclear and that is where the confusion came from.

When I saw the word illegal, I thought you meant it was illegal to possess one of these bikes in your country.

I hope you get a nice bike at a decent price, good luck.

• Amador

Posted August 16, 2002 - 05:39 AM

[

Yznvegas: Hey dude, guess what, I like taking my family to lunch and not have to worry about some pyscho blowing himself up in the name of Allah.

I think I will stand behind my original post. Sounds like an cheap shot to me. And no, I never meant to imply that you where a racist, Just a punk ass ignorant kid.

• YZeezee

Posted August 16, 2002 - 06:16 AM

Gal, yes your first post was unclear and that is where the confusion came from.
When I saw the word illegal, I thought you meant it was illegal to possess one of these bikes in your country.

Vegas, it seems to me that the confusion was only partially b/c his first post was unclear-I think the majority of the confusion you had was because you assumed something that you shouldn't have (you even said so in your post). You assumed he wanted a bike that was not allowed in his country but didn't bother to get a clarification before going off about how he is into illegal activity. You then proceeded to make some dim-witted remark about why you would never visit the country and are now expecting an apology from someone...?????? please!!!!! :)

[ August 16, 2002: Message edited by: YZeezee ]

• yznvegas

Posted August 16, 2002 - 06:25 AM

Yzeezee wrote: "You then proceeded to make some dim-witted remark about why you would never visit the country and are now expecting an apology from someone...?????? please!!!!! "

Yznvegas: I never said I would NEVER visit his country you moron, go re-read the post.

Amador, you are nothing better than a band-wagon whore and you like to stir pot.

I can honestly list 100 better (in my opinion) and safer (I think in all of your opinions) place to visit than Israel RIGHT now. Don't you watch the news?? We're getting ready to turn the middle east into swiss cheese by bombing Iraq. You want to talk about unrest?? Wheres the first place you think Saddam would drop one of dirty bombs?? In U.S. backed Israel, that's where.

So, in considerations of the highly unstable times Israel is experiencing, I will stand by my original statement. I would rather go on vacation somewhere I don't have to worry about some idiot blowing himself up in the name of Allah. Have a nice day Amador.

• needsprayer

Posted August 16, 2002 - 06:37 AM

Amador to Vegas: "And no, I never meant to imply that you where a racist,"

Well at least that's taken care of. Now can we talk about MX racing in Israel or some other interesting topic.

• Amador

Posted August 16, 2002 - 09:46 PM

Originally posted by yznvegas:
Yzeezee wrote: "You then proceeded to make some dim-witted remark about why you would never visit the country and are now expecting an apology from someone...?????? please!!!!! "

Yznvegas: I never said I would NEVER visit his country you moron, go re-read the post.

Amador, you are nothing better than a band-wagon whore and you like to stir pot.

I can honestly list 100 better (in my opinion) and safer (I think in all of your opinions) place to visit than Israel RIGHT now. Don't you watch the news?? We're getting ready to turn the middle east into swiss cheese by bombing Iraq. You want to talk about unrest?? Wheres the first place you think Saddam would drop one of dirty bombs?? In U.S. backed Israel, that's where.

So, in considerations of the highly unstable times Israel is experiencing, I will stand by my original statement. I would rather go on vacation somewhere I don't have to worry about some idiot blowing himself up in the name of Allah. Have a nice day Amador.

I only stir the pot when there is crap floating at the top. Yes, that crap would be you. In your own words "go read the post" Nobody ever blammed you for not wanting to visit Israel. However, anybody with just a little bit of class would know how to make their point and still be sensitive to a very difficult situation.

And yes, I am having a good day. You?

• Uncle_Rich

Posted August 16, 2002 - 12:18 PM

How many people were murdered by suicide bombers in Israel
How many people were murdered buy suicide bombers flying airplanes in the USA on 9-11
Its not the same world anymore
We share a common enemy, we need to stick together and help each other to disable and destroy our enemy.
But in our free time we need to ride
Rich
PS - there is only one Race - Human

• Fastest1

Posted August 17, 2002 - 04:15 PM

By the way the good old USA is the murder capital of the world. There arent even any different (religious) groups fighting here. There are more murders in L.A. alone every year than all of the fighting in Israel. Go figure why we think we are safe here :)

• yznvegas

Posted August 17, 2002 - 05:39 PM

Hey fastest, granted point but, it is flawed because we have probably 20 times more people here than Israel.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.