Pro Moto Billet "Kickit"

10 replies to this topic
  • Merfman

Posted August 14, 2002 - 05:33 AM

I installed my PMB kickstand on the YZ last night. Took all of 5 minutes. All needed parts were included (except loctite... forshame! :) ) and everything fit like a glove. I'm 2 for 2 in PMB products. I also bought their endcap for the YZ and find it to be a top-notch piece.

I'll review the kickstand later after it's torture tested on the CO500 later this year.

If anyone is considering a PMB unit, I give them the thumbs-up. Both pieces have come when they said they would, did what they said they would do, and look trick in the process. As always, YMMV.

Merf

• Blade275

Posted August 14, 2002 - 05:46 AM

how you gonna put it on a CR500?

• thumper4life

Posted August 14, 2002 - 05:55 AM

im just guessing since he said CO and he lives in colorado and colorados abbreviation is CO that the CO500 is some sort of race

• Merfman

Posted August 14, 2002 - 05:57 AM

Originally posted by Blade275:
how you gonna put it on a CR500?

Look closely, it says SEE OH, not SEE ARR. :)

I was making reference to the Colorado 500.

Merf

• YAMAKAZE

Posted August 14, 2002 - 06:27 AM

Hey Merf.....

Is it really worth a buck and a half? That's the only thing that's been holding me up on getting one for my YZ....

I'm torn between that and a Juice Clutch....

Bonzai :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Merfman

Posted August 14, 2002 - 06:42 AM

Originally posted by YAMAKAZE:
Hey Merf.....

Is it really worth a buck and a half? That's the only thing that's been holding me up on getting one for my YZ....

I'm torn between that and a Juice Clutch....

Bonzai :)

If a kickstand is worth that to you, then yes. My dilemma is that on the Colorado 500, we frequently stop to have breakfast/lunch/dinner in local establishments. Having to find a buddy's bike, unused phone pole, etc became a PITA for 5 straight days. We also impound our bikes overnight at the local hotels. There are 320+ bikes impounded and I was terrified that if I leaned my bike into a buddies, and a gust of wind caught it, I'd have a domino effect like one last seen in Smokey and the Bandit. I didn't want to be responsible for 20 PO'd dirtbikers at 7AM in a parking lot far from my pickup. :D

FWIW, it'll come off once I'm done with the 500. Where I ride 95% of the time, there are ample trees, stands, spectators, etc. I have one only for a once a year, 5 day trip. Same with the plate, lights, mirror, etc.

On the matter of the kickstand... it's a high quality, trick looking unit. It'll get it's true test in about 3 weeks.

Merf

• Hokie

Posted August 14, 2002 - 07:52 AM

Hey Merf,

When is the 500?

PS-Missed you at lakewood.

• Merfman

Posted August 14, 2002 - 08:11 AM

Originally posted by Hokie:
Hey Merf,

When is the 500?

PS-Missed you at lakewood.

Hokie, see your PM's.

Merf

• Blade275

Posted August 14, 2002 - 12:02 PM

whoopsie daisy!
forgive me for I am young and ignorant!

• Steve_Claus

Posted August 15, 2002 - 08:06 PM

Check out: PMB Kickstand Review Link

• dockedoar

Posted August 16, 2002 - 12:35 AM

I just put this kickstand on my 250F. Man this is one of the best mods I've ever done. The first ride after installation was the best. How cool is that when everyone else is either jockying for the available tie-offs on the trailer or over the nearest tree to hold their bikes. Myself and my buddy with the orange bike pull up to the canopy drop our kickstands and get first choice of captains chairs and cold drinks!!!!!!

Not to mention my life of riding with the rug rats is now way less of a headache!!!

I am sooooooo glad I got this kickstand!

Jon

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.