Oil From breather Hose??

6 replies to this topic
  • AZ918MAN

Posted August 13, 2002 - 09:15 PM

Hey I was just wondering if its normal to get a little spot of oil from the breather hose??? I have been noticing that my bike has been blowing a little oil from the breather hose. I have been changing the oil when the bike is warm and putting 1750cc's of oil and a new filter in ever time i change it. Just hoping its not anything major. could it be valves out of adjustment? or????

• HaremScarem

Posted August 13, 2002 - 10:43 PM

It's normal to get a drop or two. I would be more concerned if I did'nt see any overflow. :)

• AZ918MAN

Posted August 14, 2002 - 12:00 PM

yeah but i am getting more than a few drops.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • AZ918MAN

Posted August 14, 2002 - 12:01 PM

yeah but i am getting more than a few drops.

• yznvegas

Posted August 14, 2002 - 12:26 PM

It's normal, the harder you ride, the more will come out, no worries.

• skthom2320

Posted August 14, 2002 - 03:10 PM

If you are putting 1750 cc in each time you change the oil and filter, you WILL get more than a few drops. That is how much you should put into a completely dry engine.

I use 1650 cc for an oil/filter change. Then I check it the next time I run it.

Works for me.

• Boit

Posted August 16, 2002 - 04:46 AM

Yep ,it's normal. Plus, sometimes it will spooge out a little more than at other times. Mine seems to run with the humidity. The higher the humidity, the frothier the spooge, and more of it.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.