piddley crap

4 replies to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted June 07, 2001 - 08:29 AM

Im not really looking for a response on this topic but since I have had my bike (new in 99) the rear fender on this thing has been cock-eyed. Its a YZ fender and I have had 2 different fenders on it and both of them lean to the right if you are looking at it from behind. Why?

All I want is:
1. a bike that runs like a raped ape - check
2. a bike that looks awesome and does not look like it has been raped - check
3. straight fenders -

p.s. no, I have never bent the subframe it has been like this since it was new. Are there other people out there that have had this problem (if it is considered a problem) or that even care.

Thanks for your concern...

------------------
Darin from Missouri - 1999 WR 400F
Enduro Heaven

• Ga426owner

Posted June 07, 2001 - 09:05 PM

I remember that my 99 400 had the same issue the day I picked it up,new. You will have to take the rear fender off, find a crowbar or somthing to get leverage with, stick it between either the inside or outside subframe & the rear tire, w/ leverage on the opposite side(either from a friend or I used a support pole 6x6 in my basement)pull or push, but make sure you do it in small increments. Do not even try to straighten with a sledge hammer, a friend of mine tried this method - made the issue 3x worse. You can get it completely straight this way.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • sclaus

Posted June 07, 2001 - 04:53 PM

I put a YZ fender on my 2001 WR426...same thing! The stupid fender is bent to the right.

• Rich_in_Orlando

Posted June 07, 2001 - 05:41 PM

I've currently got a YZ fender on mine and it's cocked to the left. And I thought it was just my bike!

• Russ_P

Posted June 08, 2001 - 08:29 AM

Gee I just put a UFO YZ style fender on mine and it looks perfect! I did have to file a notch to accomodate the overflow tank hoses but other than that it fit great.

------------------
'00 WR 400
UNCORKED, YZ TIMED
SNORKEL & LID REMOVED
STOP TRIMMED

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.