28 replies to this topic
  • Chris_in_the_Mojave

Posted May 01, 2003 - 07:20 AM

It does miss the bump on the kick starter. I used grip glue to glue a piece of rubber to the spot were it hits. Somebody above mentioned making a rubber sleeve from a piece of fuel line. I like that idea, I think I'll try that when this piece needs replacing. :)

I'd also thought about using a piece of shrink wrap to secure a rubber bump on the kick starter arm...might look cleaner than the glued on piece..... :D

• cowboyona426

Posted May 01, 2003 - 07:25 AM

Well, my "bump" is long gone anyways, so I guess I'd really have nothing to lose :)

• TimFurryBalls

Posted May 01, 2003 - 07:48 AM

Several weeks ago I received an order of the first shipments of the new Evolution II F3 pegs by Fastway. Man, they are awesome! Electro plated nickel finish, PLUS they are interchangable between Lo-boy style and regular style pegs, meaning you can have them high or low. They are BIG and WIDE. In the low position I've never experienced a more comfortable mod for my bike, and I'm 6'6"! Plus, the teeth are replaceable allen head screws. Top notch quality.

• Slymax

Posted May 01, 2003 - 02:48 PM

Yep those footpegs look pretty impressive, but I think Alpinestars sponsors their manufacture and I buy my own boots..LOL

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yz007f

Posted May 01, 2003 - 03:58 PM

I had my kick starter all nice and shiny with Mothers Polish. I kicked it hard and it made a small mark (oh well). I just learned to not kick it as hard. And now I don't even hit the foot peg anymore.

• MOmilkman

Posted May 16, 2003 - 04:45 PM

Hardware stores sell carbide impregnated hack saw blades.<p>They cut through almost anything.<p>I use them in my shop to cut hardened steel.

Thanks Breezer.

Got mine done tonight. I finally got my butt to the harware store to get the carbide blade. Man that thing cut great though my hardened steel Pro-Circuits!

• newrider

Posted May 18, 2003 - 04:28 AM

I've seen the Fastway pegs, their made here in Portland OR, pretty cool looking and really wide. Might have to give them a rey if I ever waste the stockers (which I lowered and did not weld the spacer).

I came across these Pivoting Pegs while wasting time on the net, anyone ever seen or rode these things?

• Satch0922

Posted May 18, 2003 - 04:36 AM

More pics

Posted Image

Posted Image

• MOmilkman

Posted May 19, 2003 - 04:46 AM

I welded the barrel's back on the footpeg yesterday. Man what a waste of time that was. :D

Now I have to cut them back off again. All while in the process I have managed to make them about 3-4mm shorter than they originally were.
The welds were in the way of putting the springs back on (I dont have anything to grind the welds down with) and when I welded them, I did not get them centered exactly over the hole so I cant get the pin though.

Oh well, I think they will work fine without being welded on. :)

Related Content

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.