O/T - Looking for resources on ...

7 replies to this topic
  • cfisher185

Posted August 13, 2002 - 08:46 AM

Hey guys .. this is a little off topic but I'm hoping you could help. I am starting to take up triathlons and I am looking for a good resource to find a used road bike (you know the kind you pedal). Any help would be greatly appreciated - Thanks!

Charlie

• yznvegas

Posted August 13, 2002 - 08:51 AM

I used to do tris out in So. Cal. Got 2nd place a few times in my age group and a lot of 3rd places too. It's a great sport that is unfortunatly not given enough credit and recognition.

You will have lot's of fun and will get in GREAT shape too.

The best thing to do is start checking your local newspapers and also don't forget about E-bay.

• SoundChaser

Posted August 13, 2002 - 09:21 PM

Fishy-
I have been outta the hard-core cycling scene for awhile, but here is a good site that I have used quit often in the past. Never got burned, but you know, buyer beware! I hope you find something and good luck in the Tri arena.

http://www.ibiblio.o...arketplace.html

• Dodger

Posted August 13, 2002 - 09:23 PM

MTBR.com, ridemonkey.com, pinkbike.com........

Great sights, many many used bikes for any price range or style desired. MTBR is where I got my bike from a Canadian dude.........
Posted Image

Dodger :) :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BigDesto

Posted August 13, 2002 - 10:28 AM

Try mybikesite.com and check the ads.

• chris711

Posted August 13, 2002 - 10:42 AM

Hey Charlie-

I'll email you some info on where to get one for a great price.

How's the 125?

Chris

• John_Lorenz

Posted August 13, 2002 - 11:19 AM

I have a trek but thats me Im a down hiller
Check this out though
Fans Take thngs tooo serious

• cfisher185

Posted August 13, 2002 - 11:58 AM

wow - thanks for all the feedback guys. I'll check all those links out - starting to remember how I felt when I knew nothing about motocross/cycles ... Talk about starting over clueless again ... Thanks!

Charlie

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.