2003 Factory Yamaha Team Announcement

No replies to this topic
  • DaveJ

Posted August 13, 2002 - 07:59 AM

From the CycleNews news desk.

Yamaha Announces 2003 Factory MX Team
Written by Kit Palmer

Yamaha has officially announced its factory motocross team for the 2003 AMA Supercross and National MX season. The team will again concentrate on the 250cc class, armed with the company's YZ250 two-stroke and YZ450F four-stroke models.

The team will feature some familiar faces, such as Tim Ferry and David Vuillemin. New to the team, but certainly not new to Yamaha, will be the addition of Chad Reed, who will finish off the 2002 season as a member of the Boost Mobile/Yamaha/Troy Racing team. Reed, who won this year's 125cc Eastern Regional Supercross Series title, will be moving up to the 250cc class.

After making it official yesterday that he had signed with KTM, Jeremy McGrath will be ending his five-year relationship with Yamaha.

"Jeremy brought us Supercross championships and unmeasurable joy to Yamaha fans throughout the world during his five years competing on the YZ250," Keith McCarty, Yamaha’s racing division manager, said. "His legacy and fan appeal will live on forever in the hearts and minds of everyone here at Yamaha."

"I've thoroughly enjoyed my relationship with everyone at Yamaha and I wanted to finish my career on a Yamaha, however, we were unable to come to an agreement," McGrath said. "I would like to thank Yamaha for their support during our five-year relationship and three Supercross championships. I still love what I do and am looking forward to the future with my team."

Yamaha will also maintain its relationship with Yamaha of Troy, fielding a team in the 125cc class for the 2003 season. The official Yamaha of Troy team will be announced shortly, according to Yamaha.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.