2002 YZ250F vs. 1999 YZ400F

13 replies to this topic
  • YZ400FPower

Posted July 16, 2004 - 02:48 PM

Hey guys just wondering witch would be faster in a drag race 1st gear all the way to 5th gear? He doesnt even know I have the bike yet till we show up camping and we both know how to rip though the gears. :devil:

Ill list the mods.........

2002 YZ250F
1. Exhaust
2. Uni filter
3. spocket.........i dont know how many teeth but he put it on to give him more top speed rather than acelleration.

1999 YZ400F
1.Uni filter
2. top removed off airbox
3. FMF PowerCore 4 exhaust :thumbsup:

those are hust the power mods. We both have bars frame and under gaurds, new 739 tires, and grapics< i know that that dosent make a difference.lol :lol:
:lol: :awww: :lol: :D :lol:

:canada:Witch one would be faster? :excuseme:Do you know of any more "free mods" I can do?

• YZ400FPower

Posted July 16, 2004 - 03:56 PM

:thumbsup: so no body knows?????????

• Satch0922

Posted July 16, 2004 - 04:36 PM

in a drag race?/ The 400F. On the track? The 250F ( at least for me)

• bushy

Posted July 16, 2004 - 05:04 PM

I'm 15 too, and dont worry about it. Just play it cool and whoop ass.

• rush66

Posted July 16, 2004 - 05:09 PM

the 400 should take it because there's no replacement for displacement :thumbsup:

• YZ426FPilot

Posted July 17, 2004 - 09:51 PM

I dunno Kieth... it depends on who's piston return spring is wound up the tightest. :thumbsup:
If you want to win you have to make sure your grafix has flames on them. Flames are good for at least a 1/2 a HP

Personally, I only drag race 1st thru 3rd I get skeerd easily :awww:

Peace Out. :devil:

• Shane_Bettin

Posted July 18, 2004 - 10:13 AM

400 will take it. i own one and i raced a piped and camed 250f when mine was stock and beat it. well actually i had the 03 cam in at that time.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YZ400FPower

Posted July 18, 2004 - 10:59 AM

Now thats what I wanna hear! The thing is is that he is one of my best buds and his DAD is my DAD's boss. We are all like one big family! He used to rost me all the time with his 250 cause I was ridding a TTR-125.(HIS DAD GOT THE BIGGER PAY CHECK) :lol:But now I am going to kill him! And i'll tell him hes number one when i pass him. :devil: One thing I wanna know is how much ill beat him by?

AND ARE THERE ANYMORE FREE MODS I CAN DO!!?!?!?!?! :thumbsup:

• bushy

Posted July 18, 2004 - 12:36 PM

Now thats what I wanna hear! The thing is is that he is one of my best buds and his DAD is my DAD's boss. We are all like one big family! He used to rost me all the time with his 250 cause I was ridding a TTR-125.(HIS DAD GOT THE BIGGER PAY CHECK) :lol:But now I am going to kill him! And i'll tell him hes number one when i pass him. :devil: One thing I wanna know is how much ill beat him by?

AND ARE THERE ANYMORE FREE MODS I CAN DO!!?!?!?!?! :thumbsup:

Get some ducktape and put it over your mouth! :awww:

• rush66

Posted July 18, 2004 - 02:07 PM

true cause nuthing looks worse than talking s*** and losing so talk crap after you beat him :thumbsup:

• YZ426FPilot

Posted July 18, 2004 - 02:08 PM

So when & where is all this tomfoolery gonna take place? I wanna be there!

I can picture it now... Blinged out YZ250F on NOS drag racing a turbo charged YZ400 with those shiney Chrome plastics down a flat dirt road. Its just like a scene outta Biker Boyz! :devil:

Boys, go find some hillclimbs to play on. That'll make men outta you in no time and maybe even put some hair on yur chests. :thumbsup:

• YZ400FPower

Posted July 19, 2004 - 08:00 AM

I am meanning for it to sound all ricy. I love to do all the tecnical stuff and race on tracks but this is whats he is into. Thats all he ever does is drag race.......even in his car at the track. He just likes it. Sorry for trying to make it a lill funny. :thumbsup:

• YZ426FPilot

Posted July 19, 2004 - 09:20 PM

Next time I go out riding you and Darren & Ryan should go with me. I'll take you guys on some cool trails. BTW, Can any of you drive yet? :devil:

I think Dirk & Gary might going up to Mammoth at the beginning of August. My parents are going too but Ive gotta work :thumbsup:

• topgear

Posted July 20, 2004 - 02:17 AM

the 400f will beat it :thumbsup:.

does ur 400 have the 400f stickers on the mudguard ? if it does, rip them off and tell ur friend its a 250f lol.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.