Which exhaust?

13 replies to this topic
  • YZ450Kid

Posted July 16, 2004 - 12:04 PM

I have a 2004 yz450 that is basically stock besides renthal handlebars, sprockets, and a DID chain. Im looking to upgrade the intake and exhaust and I am already planning to buy a K&N filter and jet kit unless i can find something better but what I had a question on was the exhaust. Im not sure what kind to get. I would like something that gives increased horsepower over the entire RPM range. Any suggestions about the intake or exhaust would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :thumbsup:

• DoctorRzed

Posted July 16, 2004 - 01:00 PM

I have a K&N Filter FMF Ti4 complete exauset system and the FMF power up kit and I love it :thumbsup:

• YZ400FPower

Posted July 16, 2004 - 02:50 PM

FMF ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

• dirt_pilot

Posted July 16, 2004 - 02:59 PM

Dr. D - Great pipe which gives more over rev than stock. It consistantly gets great reviews from the mags and thier customer service is top notch. Dr D has spent his life on Yami's and no one knows them better.

• Siers55

Posted July 16, 2004 - 03:01 PM

I have the FMF 4 Ti. I think it is great. It smoothed out the power band. I highly recommend it.

• Joe_Jet

Posted July 16, 2004 - 03:40 PM

White Bros Carbon Pro. It smooths/evens out the power, is the lightest system available, and looks super trick. This is also the system Factory Yamaha is running right now outdoors. I am going to sell mine, $600, as I am scheduled for ACL reconstruct and probably won't be riding for a long time.

PM if you're interested.

Joe

• hvyw8t

Posted July 16, 2004 - 06:10 PM

White brothers carbon pro all the way. I have had both the jardine and the fmf and feel like the carbon pro is the best. Just a tad on the pricey side. Cheers!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yz426onNOS

Posted July 16, 2004 - 08:10 PM

White brothers e-series pro meg with the tapered pipe for low end. For better mid to top go with the hi boy.

• Godzuki

Posted July 17, 2004 - 02:30 AM

i had a white bros R4 it was nice, but realy loud and that is what is shuting down all our riding areas is loud pipes, it sucks but i had to get a differnt pipe to keep the noise down, this is something you may want to look at in your state to see if the dnr has noise restrictions. i now have a yoshimura RS3 Ti muffler with a gytr stainless head pipe good power, but i can make it quieter with the tec kit they offer, it has a 96db and a 93db insert. i am running the 96.
i have hear from many people that the fmf Q is also a good pipe in that they keep the noise down to 96db, i know of several people running these. you may want to check out ebay, thats how i got my yoshi and head pipe. for less than 300 bucks.

• wrx_stud56

Posted July 17, 2004 - 07:19 AM

id go to www.dirtrider.com and check out there product reviews ... i think they are for 2003 but they will give you a general idea on what your looking at i suppose !
if you have the money go titanium but stainless steel is good as well ! white bros or Jardine is my vote !

• cbff33YZ426

Posted July 17, 2004 - 07:32 AM

I have the FMF Powerbomb header pipe, and the FMF Q muffler. It sounds loud as heck when you are on it, but I was following my bike the other day when a buddy of mine was riding it, and it is actually pretty quiet. My buddy is an ex team usa rider in the 7 days enduro, so he was giving it hell.

• Ga426owner

Posted July 17, 2004 - 10:04 AM

White Bros Carbon Pro. It smooths/evens out the power, is the lightest system available, and looks super trick. This is also the system Factory Yamaha is running right now outdoors. I am going to sell mine, $600, as I am scheduled for ACL reconstruct and probably won't be riding for a long time.

PM if you're interested.
Joe

White Bros Aluminum Race Series is the same pipe as the carbon pro - just that the canister is aluminum - more crash worthy than carbon fiber & less expensive. ... around 550 new - best pipe that I have used on my 450

• ryno717

Posted July 17, 2004 - 10:16 AM

They stopped making them, but if you can still find one get the white bros. R-4. They rated one of the best slip on's in Dirt Rider's '03 pipe shoot out, and the least expensive. If you cant't find one then go with Dr. D.

• Wyatt

Posted July 17, 2004 - 02:10 PM

I am a Thunder Alley fan.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

• 5 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

• Hot  79 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.