Which one?!!?

3 replies to this topic
  • DanCrosbie

Posted August 12, 2002 - 01:11 PM

I currently own a Suzuki DR-Z 400E but I a bike that is good for motocross too. I still trail ride a lot. I can't decide between the 426 and the 250f. Keep in mind im a pretty big guy.

• Florida_426

Posted August 12, 2002 - 01:58 PM

Dan,
I am a newbie to the board but my two cents worth (from a 6'-1", 240 pound vet) is to go with the 426. I absolutely love my '02 426. It is like night and day from the XR 400R I got in 2000. The handling and power band are so good. I ride MX but I would not hesitate to take this bike on trails. My only changes were Renthal sprockets and chain (a 52 tooth rear) and Renthal bars (personal preference in bend.) Listen to the others on TT and try to wrangle rides on both bikes, and then decide. Good luck and keep us posted on your choice. Welcome to the BLUE SIDE!!!! :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DanCrosbie

Posted August 12, 2002 - 04:18 PM

dirt dont hurt,
yes i know that they race against 125 but im not worried about that. I'm more worried about trails.

• TAC

Posted August 12, 2002 - 05:18 PM

SOUNDS LIKE YOU NEED THE BEST OF BOTH WORLDS A
WR426F. IT CAN DO BOTH WELL AND JUST CHAGNE THE SPRING WEIGHT TO MATCH YOU AND YOU WOULD BE SET. BY THE WAY I,M SELLING MINE IF YOU ARE INTERESTED. BUT A Y/Z IS A LITTLE LIGHTER BUT IF YOU WANT A FACT HEADLAMP AND THE HEAVIER FLYWHEEL WEIGHT FOR THE TRAILS TO HELP PREVENT STALLING THE WR WOULD BE THE BEST CHOICE. IF YOU ARE INTERSTED IN ONE I HAVE A 01 FOR SALE TO MAKE ROOM FOR MY 03. E-MAIL IS FSH4MNY@AOL.COM

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.