2 stroke forum...sorry!!! Where????

6 replies to this topic
  • RCannon

Posted August 12, 2002 - 08:26 AM

I am sorry to ask this here. I read your forum because the info. here is great. Is there a good 2 stroke motorcycle forum that you folks hang out at or could recommend?

I wonder if Thumpertalk would consider adding a 2 stroke section? I have not been able to find anything that compares to what you folks have created. Thank you. Back under my rock....

• John_Lorenz

Posted August 12, 2002 - 08:31 AM

Posted Image
Straight talk about 4-strokes

[ August 12, 2002: Message edited by: E.G.O.**** ]

• yznvegas

Posted August 12, 2002 - 08:52 AM

Go try these:

dirtbike.com (lots of dumb kids though)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DaveJ

Posted August 12, 2002 - 08:58 AM

EGO - you crack me up!!!!

RCannon - you're not the first 2-stroker to make this request. It's the highest form of flattering for nearly all of us.

I'm sure you have found DirtRider.Net by now. If you can get past all the chitchat, I'm sure there are plenty of people out there that know their stuff.

As for adding a 2-stroke forum to this board, it would be best to just convert machines before the EPA does it for you. Consider it a head start on the pack.

• Wakeman

Posted August 12, 2002 - 04:04 PM

You could also try Woods Racer.

• RCannon

Posted August 14, 2002 - 01:45 PM

EGO, I asked for it! Still, would you guys really descriminate against me because my stroke is smaller than yours?

Less strokes does not make bad folks! (new government campaign???) Would the NAACP help me?

Really though, it is the people and not the topics. I would be asking the same thing if you guys were Harley riders.

Moderators...how about it???? This is the best forum group around. I would offer my help in any way possible!

• RCannon

Posted August 14, 2002 - 01:53 PM

Dave, I really wanted a thumper. I had only 3000.00 to spend. I found a very low time 1997 YZ 250 that fit within the budget.

The YZ 400's I looked at in this price range were not in as good of condition as this 250. Many of them were thrashed.

Mostly though, I was scared of an abused 4 stroke motor. I can fix the two strokes but know NOTHING about the new 4 storke designs.

Related Content

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.