Storm Suspension Linkage...Is it worth it??

6 replies to this topic
  • Siers55

Posted July 15, 2004 - 05:05 PM

Has anyone purchased the Storm Suspension Linkage? I was thinking about purchasing one for my '03 450F.

Is it worth the money? What changes did you experience in handleing/ride?

Scott

• fastenuf4u

Posted July 15, 2004 - 05:17 PM

Siers55,
I purchased the Storm Linkage and was amazed at how much better it allowed me to turn and rail berms. I can turn the big 450 almost as easy as I could my old 125!! I am sure I won't be the only one on here giving the Storm Linkage a :thumbsup: If you get it let us know how you like it.

• Dolce_Grappa

Posted July 16, 2004 - 09:27 AM

How much did it raise the seat height?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ga426owner

Posted July 16, 2004 - 09:51 AM

Yes buy it, install it and your YZF will turn corners much like a YZ. If it raised the seat height - I could not tell. This purchase for me made me very happy - the bike is much better now!

• Dolce_Grappa

Posted July 16, 2004 - 01:20 PM

I just wanted to check since I'm vertically impaired :thumbsup:

• Siers55

Posted July 16, 2004 - 02:58 PM

First of all thanks for all of the input thus far. I look forward to hearing from others as well. A couple of you said, "It corners like a YZ". I haven't had a YZ. Can you decribe some of the handling charateristics and more specificly where you felt you gained improvement. Also did this change cause you to have to change your suspension set up?

Thanks again for all the input :thumbsup: :devil:

• dirt_pilot

Posted July 16, 2004 - 03:02 PM

It will raise the rear end, the web site will tell you exactly how much. The measurements are done at the back of the bike at the fender, if you are sitting on the tank in the corners the increase in hieght shouldn't be an issue.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.