tall riders?

9 replies to this topic
  • keith_king

Posted August 11, 2002 - 04:42 PM

any other big guys out there ? im 6'5" and im looking for a new clamp/bar setup that will be better for a guy with long arms like myself any input will be great........thatnks ahaead of time

• thumperguy426

Posted August 11, 2002 - 07:37 PM

Hey I'm 6'2 and i have some Pro Circuit Clamps on my 426 and i like them because you can buy bar mounts that are taller. I run Renthal twinwalls CR High bends and i like the setup alot. Good Luck!

• yamaha.dude

Posted August 11, 2002 - 07:58 PM

6' 5" here, the tallest mounts from Scotts on their triple clamp, the highest rise ProTaper bars - Doug Henry bend, the lowered footpegs, tall seat foam - that is about all you can do - you can add 20 or so mm with another set of bar clamps inverted and added onto your triple clamp, but it starts to look ugly with all the patch together pieces... and if you have a dampener, the post becomes too short...

Do a search, plenty of previous posts have covered this subject...

• John_Lorenz

Posted August 12, 2002 - 03:19 AM

6'2" brown eyes indicating full of crap up to me ears :)

Applied Top Clamp with Pro Taper low bend feels comfortable

BTW also I did the peg mod that lowered and pushed back the pegs about 1/2 inch each way, Best Mod I made for Ergo's. Makes my legs alot more comfortable

• flyinguitars

Posted August 12, 2002 - 03:42 AM

I went with 1.5" x 1.5" bar risers and jimmy button bars. It really helps when standing. Heres a pic:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MOmilkman

Posted August 12, 2002 - 07:22 AM

6'7" here.

Im really suprised to see no one has said anything about the Thumper racing goliath bar mounts yet except for flyingguitars.

You can get them in 1" and 1 1/2" risers. For a guy my size Im going to go out on a limb here and say this is the best mod I have done for my bike.

You can click on the link to their website in my signature line below. Look for the link that says "Thumper racing 1.5 bar risers"
You MIGHT be able to find some info there but their website is kinda lame.

[ August 12, 2002: Message edited by: MOmilkman ]

• flyinguitars

Posted August 12, 2002 - 07:29 AM

Thats what I was talkin about. They really help....makes the bars look like antlers! Check the pic above.

• BigDesto

Posted August 12, 2002 - 11:18 AM

Along with the bar risers,diffently do the footpeg mod, brings the pegs down and back a 1/2", anyone above 6' should benefit from this mod!

• BigDesto

Posted August 12, 2002 - 11:22 AM

Along with the bar risers,diffently do the footpeg mod, brings the pegs down and back a 1/2", anyone above 6' should benefit from this mod!

• keith_king

Posted August 13, 2002 - 01:09 AM

thanks alot guys really helped me out :)

Related Content

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.