Z-Start comments / Question

5 replies to this topic
  • tjhenni

Posted July 15, 2004 - 07:46 AM

I have installed Rekluse's auto clutch on my 01 426. Easy install - great product! I'm not using the Perch adjuster. I'm using the light spring and my "install gap" is correct. I love this thing in the tight woods!! It seams to work perfectly.

However, I was on the MX track yesterday and I didn't feel that the clutch ever fully engaged (even on longer straits). It would still be slipping on the face of jumps, so I didn't feel like I had the power to the wheel that I needed. Perhaps my friction (fiber)plates need to be replaced. Any thoughts / ideas?

Thanks!

• John_Lorenz

Posted July 15, 2004 - 08:02 AM

You could had tried the heavier spring or adjust the lighter one. Not sure how you have that set up. Have you checked the install gap since you first installed the Zstart?

If not, I suggest you do, the gap will change on the first ride. Also was wondering if you followed the directions and removed the Clutch Boss and plate at the bottom of the Clutch Pack. If not then this should be done per instructions....

I rode mine with the heavy spring at I-5 wish I had the Lighter one. Mine wasn't slipping I was not getting the snap I wanted out of the corners. Funny how that is. IN woods its flies on the MX track felt boggy :thumbsup:

• yzwiley

Posted July 15, 2004 - 12:33 PM

You could had tried the heavier spring or adjust the lighter one. Not sure how you have that set up. Have you checked the install gap since you first installed the Zstart?

If not, I suggest you do, the gap will change on the first ride. Also was wondering if you followed the directions and removed the Clutch Boss and plate at the bottom of the Clutch Pack. If not then this should be done per instructions....

I rode mine with the heavy spring at I-5 wish I had the Lighter one. Mine wasn't slipping I was not getting the snap I wanted out of the corners. Funny how that is. IN woods its flies on the MX track felt boggy :thumbsup:

Don't believe a word this guy writes. He's a total tool and will have you cusing his name the next time you ride your bike.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • John_Lorenz

Posted July 15, 2004 - 12:49 PM

willie I asked you nice in a pm to not do this in the general forums.

I wont post your responce. I am asking you again openly to simply take your attacks to the off topic, the other members dont need it.

• Sean_McCutcheon

Posted July 16, 2004 - 01:48 AM

I use the heavier spring on the MX track and it works great.

• rbm33

Posted July 16, 2004 - 03:59 AM

check your clutch boss!!

i had major problems with my z start slipping under a heavy load. i tried different clutch fibers replaced the metal disks.......

after changing almost everything i finally noticed that my clutch boss was badly worn and was even loose. the steel insert that goes over the crank was loose causing me to have inconsistant gaps.

i installed a 58.00 clutch boss and it had been working great ever since.

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.