yz450 with only 4 gears?

23 replies to this topic
  • YzRiDaZ

Posted August 10, 2002 - 02:58 PM

Is this true? It says this on the yamaha-motor.com website. Is this good or bad?

• Boit

Posted August 10, 2002 - 03:15 PM

It's true. In my opinion, I think it is a step forward in design for this machine. Since Yamaha kept the same bore as the 426 and increased the stroke to reach 450cc's, plus the redline is the same, then the engine is now torquier. I've always felt that the strength of the "F" was the low-end snap once the jetting was dialed.

• Guest_mxrider426_*

Posted August 10, 2002 - 03:19 PM

They pretty much just removed 1st gear. How often have you actually used first gear anyways?

• yznvegas

Posted August 10, 2002 - 03:24 PM

Why are you guys even answering this IDIOT???

All he does is ask stupid questions and than watch everyones reaction, this guy is DONE in my book.

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted August 10, 2002 - 04:07 PM

:D <center><h1><font color=red>TROLL!!!!</h1></center> :D
Let this punk go away..............
ignore him and he WILL leave........
He is just stirring the pot!
look at his other posts he started...........all trolling :) :D :D

• YzRiDaZ

Posted August 10, 2002 - 06:43 PM

I just wanted to know if this was true or not. Do you people have a problem with me posting questions?.... Yea i dont use 1st gear on my bike. I use second and third and sometimes 4th.

• DethWshBkr

Posted August 10, 2002 - 06:49 PM

Yes it's a 4 speed, it's no big deal, I ride a 4 speed, it's fine, buy it!

• yznvegas

Posted August 10, 2002 - 07:01 PM

Your an idiot dude, beat it.

• YzRiDaZ

Posted August 10, 2002 - 07:03 PM

dude why dont u explain to me why i should beat it. I came here to discuss dirtbikes whats your problem?

• yznvegas

Posted August 10, 2002 - 07:04 PM

You know why you should, now go, BYE.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YzRiDaZ

Posted August 10, 2002 - 07:06 PM

no i really dont. Im not going anywhere.

• yznvegas

Posted August 10, 2002 - 07:09 PM

Why don't you go to a comic book web-site and find out who would win out of a fight, Super man or Spider Man????

Dude, you ask stupid questions, that's what I'm saying.

• YzRiDaZ

Posted August 10, 2002 - 07:11 PM

Whatever noone asked you your opinion on whether my questions were good enough for you. Go bother someone else, i just wanted peoples opinions on this.

[ August 10, 2002: Message edited by: YzRiDaZ ]

• yznvegas

Posted August 10, 2002 - 07:14 PM

YzRiDaZ wrote: "Whatever noone asked you your opinion on whether my questions were good enough for you. Go bother someone else, i just wanted peoples opinions on these."

Yznvegas: Actually, your not only stupid but your a liar too. Look, see, heres the proof.

Yzridaz wrote: "dude why dont u explain to me why i should beat it. I came here to discuss dirtbikes whats your problem?"

Yznvegas: You still haven't answered my question, Superman or Spiderman??? That seems to be more your speed.

• YzRiDaZ

Posted August 10, 2002 - 07:16 PM

whatever ur being a baby over something stupid

[ August 10, 2002: Message edited by: YzRiDaZ ]

• meangreen75

Posted August 10, 2002 - 11:14 PM

I agree with yznvegas on this guy. He is either a moron with these dumbass questions or like vegas said better off in neverneverland. Take a hike buddy!

• seymourbutts

Posted August 11, 2002 - 05:58 AM

Sound familiar?

What do you guys think would win in a flat out drag race, the yz 426 or a banschee?? Both stock?
--------------------

2002 yz426 (bone stock)

2001 xr100 (girlfriend's bike)

Ferry for president

rox hurt

I agree that this kid does ask stupid questions, but don't we all at some time or another?

• therapture

Posted August 11, 2002 - 07:52 AM

Originally posted by seymourbutts:
[QB]Sound familiar?

What do you guys think would win in a flat out drag race, the yz 426 or a banschee?? Both stock?
QB]

Well seeing that the Banshee only has about 35hp and weighs about the same as your average boat anchor, the YZF will smoke it.
:)

• yznvegas

Posted August 11, 2002 - 07:58 AM

GEESE, that was 5 months ago, you really had to reach for that one didn't you seymorbutts??

One of my buds was bragging about how fast his quad was so I wanted some of the posters here opinions, big deal.

I don't ask non-stop strings of what I call "superman vs. spiderman" questions though so don't try to imply that.

• YzRiDaZ

Posted August 11, 2002 - 01:54 PM

yz will win i raced a banshee that was modified greatly and i still won with no problem.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.