Case savers

5 replies to this topic
  • SteadyEddy

Posted July 14, 2004 - 05:51 PM

Does the 450 come standard with the case saver, is it the thing that sits behind the plastic cover at the front spkt :thumbsup:

• The_Missile

Posted July 15, 2004 - 01:08 AM

yes.

On the older ones you have a ugly plastic cover on it. I have seen most seem to remove the cover and leave the metal. Not sure it would help that much anyway with 40+ hp of drive piling the chain forwards !!!

• SteadyEddy

Posted July 15, 2004 - 02:55 AM

so do you think it is worth replacing with an after market one?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • The_Missile

Posted July 19, 2004 - 02:32 AM

If theyre beefier probably....but to me it looks like it would be a lost cause no matter what you put down there bar a solid inch of plate armour. I cant imagine anything holding up against the onslaught of a broken chain being driven by the sprocket.

I may be wrong.... It could be meant to work by directing the chain out of the way...but if for some reason the chain would snag or get hooked up I think its game over for the guard and the case pretty quickly.

I'm sort of flying blind here. They must put them on for some good reason.

• N7SLC

Posted July 19, 2004 - 02:49 AM

I'm sort of flying blind here. They must put them on for some good reason.

I think their reasoning is that some protection is better than
nothing... :thumbsup:

• oldbones

Posted July 20, 2004 - 09:57 AM

Here's an option for you, Rooster Performance is a TT sponsor :thumbsup:

Posted Image

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.