Uncorking stock WR450f pipe need to richen main?

3 replies to this topic
  • edareus

Posted July 14, 2004 - 05:24 PM

I have a YZ silencer on the way for this bike but won't be here before the weekend. I want to know if I can uncork the stock muffler without rejetting for now? Or should I richen the main? Just got the bike Monday and I am going riding Sunday for the first time on this bike. :thumbsup: I have already ground the throttle stop .25 of and inch and I am going to do the grey wire tomorrow.

• unkle_george

Posted July 14, 2004 - 07:50 PM

It will backfire a little on decel and run a little hotter, but will run ok. Search for posts about breaking it in right, worth the effort. :thumbsup:
Enjoy your new toy.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RichBaker

Posted July 14, 2004 - 08:18 PM

You'd be better off to rejet.....pilot and main will be needed. Up 1 on pilot and 1-2 on main.

• edareus

Posted July 15, 2004 - 01:14 PM

Thanks, they gave me a couple of jets with the bike so I will go ahead and try them. Can't wait til Sunday!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.