expert advice!!!!!!!!

6 replies to this topic
  • ltrosson

Posted August 09, 2002 - 02:38 AM

Have been a faithful user of yamalube 10-50, the problem is I can drive two hours to get and nobody seems to be able to get it right now. I am from the school of what you start with you stick with, but I want to know can I safely change to another oil that is easier to get. What brand and weight??????

• crazyadam

Posted August 09, 2002 - 04:54 AM

I just switched from Yamaha 4R oil, to Mobil 1 15-50 ...NoN- energy conserving oil. (in the circle on the back of the bottle) cheaper and easier to find.

• yznvegas

Posted August 09, 2002 - 05:19 AM

I use Motul 20-50, it's cheap at cycle gear.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Hokie

Posted August 09, 2002 - 05:33 AM

Originally posted by crazyadam:
I just switched from Yamaha 4R oil, to Mobil 1 15-50 ...NoN- energy conserving oil. (in the circle on the back of the bottle) cheaper and easier to find.

Ditto, all my thumpers have run on this stuff, no problem. Look for the red cap.

• sirthumpalot

Posted August 09, 2002 - 06:22 AM

You're probably going to get replies representing almost every major oil brand available. If you go with a name brand that matches the spec in the manual then I'm sure you'll be OK (it specifies motorcycle oil marked SJ right?). Other oils will work I'm sure, I'm just a stickler for following the manual. :)

• ltrosson

Posted August 09, 2002 - 08:39 AM

I appreciate the replies, is it no big deal to switch from 10-50 to a 15-50 weight?

• John_Lorenz

Posted August 09, 2002 - 09:01 PM

From SirThumpy

Other oils will work I'm sure, I'm just a stickler for following the manual.

In the Betty Crocker book it says to use a butter flavored Oil :) Ahh Never Mind, Sure wish you could make it to the TT run

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.