Safe to open up?

4 replies to this topic
  • bushy

Posted July 14, 2004 - 12:31 PM

Guys, I'm seriously scared to open my bike up in high RPMs in any gear, especially 5th. It's just that ive had so many problems with the bike from not beating it, the cam chain jumped, valves hitting piston, so naturally im afraid to open up. New valves in it now along with cam chain, so is it safe? I just need some reassurance that I can open it up and not worry about it blowing up, or messing up anything. I really want to feel what full throttle 5th gear is like :thumbsup:

• ovrrdrive

Posted July 14, 2004 - 02:06 PM

I dunno... How good did you do the repairs?

:thumbsup:

There's only one way to find out...

Either open it up or sell it while it still runs and get another. :devil:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Fastest1

Posted July 14, 2004 - 07:48 PM

There is only one way to find out! Twist it open and hold on! :thumbsup:

• Hamish

Posted July 15, 2004 - 01:59 AM

I dunno... How good did you do the repairs?

:thumbsup: Thats about the size of it.

If you did the repairs properly, it'll be quite happy to bounce off the limiter. If you didnt do the repairs properly, it will fail, you rev it or not.

• bushy

Posted July 15, 2004 - 03:41 AM

Well I put 4, 5 hours riding days, so I guess its safe. Time to open er up, finally.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.