Does the UK (or Euro) WR450 have the throttle stop restrictor???

9 replies to this topic
  • blue001

Posted July 14, 2004 - 10:51 AM

:awww: :thumbsup: :devil:

• blue001

Posted July 15, 2004 - 05:31 AM

No answers??

• StreetbikePimp

Posted July 15, 2004 - 07:25 AM

I don't know. :thumbsup:

• WR450F_Sweden

Posted July 15, 2004 - 08:09 AM

The european version does not have the the large throttlestop installed neither do we have the grey wire.
This is due to the fact that we don't have the same pollution laws as they do in USA. What we don't have is the spark arrestor in our muffler wich makes it a little bit harder to buy inserts etc. Our silencer is welded.

Hope this helps

• WR450F_Sweden

Posted July 16, 2004 - 01:01 AM

Just a funny thing though...
When you buy the highway kit wich is a kit from Yamaha with all you need to make the bike street legal in Sweden. It includes a new E-marked headlight, plug and play wireharness (no splicing and cutting like BD or Trick), horn, lefthand control, flashers etc. But you also get the longer throttlestop, a leaner jet and a new jet needle. This is to restrict the maximum rpms to 8500 and to bring the noiselevel down. The allowed db according to my registration title is 80db(A) while driving and 88 db(A) while standing still. The top speed given by the manufacturer (Yamaha) is 140km/h. Of course everyone I know of don't install the "choke kit". And since we have a richer jetting standard on our bikes I can tell you that this bike rips on the highway. After I mounted Pirelli MT-21 and got the tires balanced it handles pretty well too.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • simch

Posted July 16, 2004 - 11:31 AM

MY UK 04 cme restricted with the long throttle stop and weaker needle etc. As said, they come unrestricted, then the dealer restricts them if they are being registered!! Crazy, they wont supply it as std!

• blue001

Posted July 16, 2004 - 11:31 AM

Thanks guys

• blue001

Posted July 16, 2004 - 11:33 AM

When you buy from the dealer can u also buy the unrestricted parts as part of the deal??

• WR450F_Sweden

Posted July 16, 2004 - 02:03 PM

My "restrictive" parts came in a box with the bike. I guess the dealer knew it would be removed anyway. A standard needle and jet + yz throttle stop should be available from every Yamaha dealer? Here in Sweden the government inspects our vehicles on regular basis. For new motorcycles its every fourth year. So my WR is due for inspection May 2008.
By then, if I still own this bike I will have the restrictive parts installed.

• coldweld

Posted July 16, 2004 - 11:05 PM

My uk bike came unrestricted and i thought my WR 400 was fast.
I is very much a race bike i would be happy trail ride at about 50 mph.
but is brilliant !!!!!!!!!!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.