WR ORYZ?

2 replies to this topic
  • NICK_FELT

Posted June 06, 2001 - 06:36 PM

I'M GETTING A NEW BIKE THIS SUMMER SELLING MY YZ125. I WANT TO KNOW WHAT WOULD BE BETTER FOR ME THE WR OR YZ? I RIDE TRAILS ON THE WEST COAST AND THE DUNES AND I ALSO JUMP BUT NOT THAT HIGHT OR FAR YET. HOW IS THE SUSPENTION ON THE WR? MY FRIENDS ALL RIDE CR250'S BUT I WANTED A 4 STROKE I KNOW ABOUT THE MODS BETTWEEN THE TWO BIKES BUT WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE IN PROFORMANCE OTHER THAN THE TIMING. DOES THE WR FEEL THAT MUCH HEAVIER AND IS IT REALLY THAT MUCH SLOWER IN EXCELERATION THAN THE YZF? HOW IS THE ENGINE BREAKING IN THE TWO? IS THERE A DIFFERENT FEEL IN THE TWO BIKES? HOW MUCH BETTER OR WORSE IS THE WR GEARING THAN THE YZ? AND OTHER HELPFUL TIP ON THE TWO BIKES.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MN_Kevin

Posted June 07, 2001 - 04:18 AM

Unless you race primarily MX, I'd go with the WR.

------------------
'99 WZ/YR (you choose!) with ALL YZ mods, de-octopused, DSP Doug Henry airbox w/ velocity stack, FMF PowerBomb header, Stroker SX-1 silencer, SS front brake line, forked over by Pro-Action (and then fixed by me), OEM YZ tank, IMS YZ seat, carb mods by Jim Dean, Andy in OZ, & Sir "Taffy" from Jolly Old England, AMA, NESC, and I use MOBIL 1 Oil, with ZERO problems.

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted June 07, 2001 - 05:42 AM

WR is better for it's gearing and distance on a tank. If you cruise trails it shines. The YZ is better at everything else in my opinion. I ride a YZ400 at Glamis with a paddle, Ocotillo Wells with a knobby, and the track every weekend I'm not at the desert. It does awesome at all these places with just a change of the front sprocket.

------------------
Khris
When in doubt, GAS IT!
What are you, YELLOW?
If it's dirty, I do it and think it!!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.