Keihin jets

8 replies to this topic
  • SC_Spode

Posted July 14, 2004 - 07:42 AM

Hey guys,
I was hoping someone could steer me in the right direction. I'm trying to find genuine Keihin pilot jets for my 650L. I haven't been able to find a Honda part number for a 52 or 55 pilot.
Does anyone have this info or can tell me what style pilot it is and who you would recommend getting it from?

• TimBrp

Posted July 14, 2004 - 08:11 AM

You can get them aftermarket from like DG or something. It's a type "21" keihin jet for Xr's. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but that should work.

• SC_Spode

Posted July 14, 2004 - 08:33 AM

Thanks Tim.
Does it also use the series 13 mains that they have listed?
I have a Honda number but an alternate source is always good!

• TimBrp

Posted July 14, 2004 - 09:13 AM

Honestly I can't speak for the L's as they have the CV carb system. I would contact your local Honda Dealer and find out what series of jets you have in the bike. I believe there are 2-3 available. Then you can order them from any old shop and be fine.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SC_Spode

Posted July 14, 2004 - 10:02 AM

That's why I'm here.
My local shop doesn't know anything other than what's on the screen. If they don't see it listed on the parts fiche for that bike then "Honda doesn't make one for it".
Totally clueless.

• TimBrp

Posted July 14, 2004 - 10:17 AM

Try another dealer. Call one on the west coast. They have tons of experience with these bikes.

• tntmo

Posted July 14, 2004 - 11:13 AM

try this link

• XR650L_Dave

Posted July 15, 2004 - 03:23 AM

Go to the website and just get the phone #.
There's a thread around here somewhere that has the exact numbers- the only thing to watch for is that the pilot jet be the short one- I got a long one somehow, which works fine and maybe even misses less on the really bumpy stuff, but if you use the long one you have to trim the pink slosh-guard because it can cover thye end of the long jet.

• SC_Spode

Posted July 15, 2004 - 05:16 PM

Thanks guys! :thumbsup:

Related Content

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

FCR40 Tuning Woes- XR600R by aTuWitty

• Hot  37 replies

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.