Levers

8 replies to this topic
  • wrx_stud56

Posted July 14, 2004 - 05:51 AM

Hey everyone, im new to the board and also new to the whole powerful 4-stroke thing, so bare with me if you will. I just recently bought a 2004 yz450 and yesterday i had a lil crash with my bike and busted my clutch lever AND perch ... so i figured its time to get a whole new set and i found ASV ... so i was lookin through the products which they offer and got a tad stumped on which one i should buy... I was looking at the C/5 series, pro model perch, but im not sure whether to get the hot start one or the one with the added compression release ? what does the compression release do ? and does it work with my bike ? thanks everyone, sorry if this sounds a lil noobish but it is !

• Thumper38

Posted July 14, 2004 - 06:10 AM

You want the one with the hot start, the one with the decompression release is for the yz426f. You have a automatic decompression on the 450! :thumbsup:

• jmw00

Posted July 14, 2004 - 06:12 AM

The one with the hotstart might be a good option or you can get the Dr. D Hot start lever fairly cheap... As for the decompression your bike does not need it. That was for prior models that have decompression levers on there bars.. Your's has auto decompression.

• jmw00

Posted July 14, 2004 - 06:14 AM

Thumper38 we must have posted at the same time it would have been alot easier for me to just put DITTO :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • wrx_stud56

Posted July 14, 2004 - 12:09 PM

thanks a lot guys ! now i can go and order it ! :thumbsup:

• yzf450jack

Posted July 16, 2004 - 06:17 PM

Put a magura jack hyd.clutch on it you will never go back to a cable :thumbsup: :devil:

• RacerDad

Posted July 16, 2004 - 06:34 PM

Is there a web site for magura jack hyd.clutch??? I'd like to read more about that. I've never used a hyd clutch.

Thanks

• fastenuf4u

Posted July 17, 2004 - 08:15 AM

RacerDad,
You can check out Magura but they don't really give as many details as you would get if you searched for "Magura" here on TT in the YZ450F or YZ250F forums.

I put one on about 2.5 months ago and was amazed at the lessened pull. I then tried the EZ-Pull lever for the Magura (thanks yz450fjack) and found the easiest clutch pull I have ever felt (125 easy if not easier!). It'll be coming off when I get my 2006 YZ450F, you can be sure of that!

• ripntear

Posted September 10, 2004 - 08:49 PM

Who is the mfgr that offers the clutch and Decompression lever all in one. I have seen it before, but can't remember where. I want to buy one and try it.

ripntear

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.