New owner

3 replies to this topic
  • DirtyChris

Posted July 13, 2004 - 07:20 PM

I finaly bought myself a 650R today :thumbsup:
2000, plated in SoCal, Baja Designs kit and a few billet bolt on guards for $3500

I've heard about the Krylon Fusion paint for the plastics, sence I cant find any black stuff for the 650R... I'm wondering how it works on used body parts... Any prep work? (rough the plastic up with scotch brite?)
How does it work on the OE tank?

• big t

Posted July 13, 2004 - 07:27 PM

Welcome to TT. I've heard the paint works pretty well. I have not tried it but probably will down the road.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • AzMtnThumper

Posted July 13, 2004 - 09:58 PM

I painted an old chest protector white to see how well it worked and it turned out pretty good (it was pink underneath :devil:): Posted Image

Lots of light coats are best, take your time and let it cure completely. It is somewhat easy to scratch even when fully cured. Welcome to TT. :thumbsup:

• DirtyChris

Posted July 14, 2004 - 03:55 AM

Thanks for the info and the welcome. How much is this stuff? I take it its in a rattle can?

Next thing to do I guess is power up mods... (Need helmet and jacket first) I plan to go full motard eventualy, but keep the dirt set up for play time. :thumbsup:

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.