• trunkmonkey55

Posted July 13, 2004 - 07:20 PM

how do you time you cam on a WR450 2004? :thumbsup:

• Hamish

Posted July 13, 2004 - 10:28 PM

you dont. Just leave it alone

• jchantzWR400F

Posted July 14, 2004 - 04:37 AM

What are you trying to do? More info please....

• trunkmonkey55

Posted July 14, 2004 - 08:18 PM

my bike was not turning over and i took it apart to see why and the cam chain is loose and it is skipping the cam teeth. I don't know why it is doing this but it dosn't seem good. :thumbsup: :devil:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RichBaker

Posted July 14, 2004 - 08:21 PM

No, that's not good....sounds like the tensioner isn't!

• Hamish

Posted July 15, 2004 - 01:38 AM

did it stop while the bike was running? If so it's almost certain that valves are bent. No offence intended, but from the posts you have submitted it may be a good idea to get some professional help, or at least a friend who knows his stuff. Cam timing must be perfect, no room for error at all.

• bushy

Posted July 15, 2004 - 03:52 AM

It can be done by yourself if you have the manual, and a friend that has experiance with engines. The manual is the most important thing. I'm 15 and with the help of my dad, who put the valves in only, we got the same thing you are doing done. Bent intake valves, jumped cam chain. New intakes, and a new cam chain. But if it happned at a good RPM for you, you could have a broken valve, damaged head, cracked piston, among other problems. :thumbsup:

• trunkmonkey55

Posted July 15, 2004 - 07:51 AM

The bike ran fine for the last ride. Then it just would not start for my next run? :thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.