1st Annual West Cost TT run Schedualed

54 replies to this topic
  • John_Lorenz

Posted August 07, 2002 - 05:09 AM

OK here is the real deal we are set and the info is below: Special Thanks to Big Blue One, Dave_fry and Wylli1 for helping me get this going and to Thumper Talks Brian and Steve for there help. See ya there

Date = Sept 20th - 22 That's Friday- Sat- Sun

Time = Fri, Sat, Sun *** Note Friday I assume we will be traveling, settling in and plain just showing up and getting organized for Sat and Sun.

We want to get in the same camp area closest to the back gate; this allows entrance to the riding area. Plans are being worked out to try and get this unlocked for us that weekend. It is very important if we get this gate open that we abide by therules there. No Wheelies, Walk the bike to the gate, No Dust. The gates were shut becouse of Yahoos on bikes thgat screwed it for us. I will know by weeks end if they will unlock it. Its up to you

Red Stickers are checked as well as green stickers for being up to date (they're not kicking anyone out. Noise is being checked "They Say at staging areas" so repack all your pipes.

We recommend making reservations before hand; Please take a look at the Morning start Campsite for full details on camp costs and fees....

For more information please Reply to this post, Volunteers are needed.

Here are the links to Morning Star Camp Grounds and Forrest Hill Areas: **NOTE When Researving ask for the Group Camp area (camps 42 - 57)this is closet to the gates. ASK For Camp Group A Open Gate there sites open are 42,44,46,48-50 53 - 57...Check out time is noon Sunday
When Calling in Advise you are there for the Thumper Talk run....
PLus the group rate for the site is 75 bucks, if you camping then make the reservation...

http://morningstar.icyspicy.com Camp Grounds

http://www.r5.fs.fed.../fh_ohv_map.pdf Forrest Hill Trail Map

http://www.ohv.parks...p?page_id=21928 Red Sticker Bull Crap

http://www.r5.fs.fed.us/tahoe/ Forest Hill Tahoe Area Main Web Site

Rear Area Campsites $ 18.00 per day.
Front Area Campsites $ 20.00 per day.
Waterfront campsites $ 25.00 per day, no pets allowed.

Group Tent Areas....
Group Tent Area "A": $ 75.00 minimum fee (covers 25 people).
$ 3.00 per person charge for each additional camper.
Maximum of 40 people allowed.
Group Tent Area "B": $ 120.00 minimum fee (covers 40 people).
$ 3.00 per person charge for each additional camper.
Maximum of 60 people allowed.

Day Use....
$ 2.00 per person. Children under 6 years of age are free.

Other Fees....
See Web Site above

Hotels in the area

[ August 08, 2002: Message edited by: E.G.O.**** ]

• The_Blue_One

Posted August 07, 2002 - 06:00 AM

I would like to publicly thank EGO for organizing this event.Anywayz I'll be there and will be reserving a campsite this afternoon. How about posting if you plan to attend so we know how many are going.

• John_Lorenz

Posted August 07, 2002 - 06:05 AM

Im going Already Researved :)

Bill is right please post to determine how many we have going, and make sure you researve the camp site. There are also restriction on Campers and RV's, they will need to take another camp site.

• Rotter

Posted August 07, 2002 - 06:34 AM

Please post Picture would love to see how things go.

Wish I could make it but live to far.

• freestyle111

Posted August 07, 2002 - 07:13 AM

goodjob EGO & FRIENDS,i knew you could do it.i dont know if whether i can go or not but ill let you know pretty soon.could you do me a favor and see if theres a fourseasons hotel located near campgrounds?

• Matt_Jolly

Posted August 07, 2002 - 07:21 AM

Do you guys ride there all the time. I usally go past forest hill and ride at sugar pine. The forest hill map is where I usally ride. Can you access the same trails from here?

• John_Lorenz

Posted August 07, 2002 - 07:26 AM

There is such a thing as the Internet, Phones and so on. Do you want me to chew your food and spit it down your throat too?

Your on there own there buddie :)

• yznvegas

Posted August 07, 2002 - 07:37 AM

I think Freestyle just wanted everyone to know he would be staying at a nice hotel. :)

• John_Lorenz

Posted August 07, 2002 - 07:55 AM

Ya Thunk :) This guy is sharp

• BruceWA

Posted August 07, 2002 - 09:00 PM

Sounds interesting. Obviously someone has done their homework and planning. May I suggest, in the future you clearly identify the location of the ride plainly in the text.

Are there any alternative lodging facilities available nearby?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • John_Lorenz

Posted August 07, 2002 - 09:06 PM

Sorry Just got out of another stupid meeting with educated idiots

The web sits have plenty of information thats posted. If anyone needs anyother acomidations the closet Twons are in order
Forrest Hill
Grass valley
Im sure both Forrest Hill and Auburn have accomidations. You can search the net for more info

[ August 07, 2002: Message edited by: E.G.O.**** ]

• Shawn_Mc

Posted August 07, 2002 - 09:07 PM

Freestyle doesnt even have a job I bet. He want to know about the Four Seasons because they have the best trash cans to dive! At least thats what they say on MTV!! :)

• Karoo

Posted August 07, 2002 - 09:49 PM

Oh man I will be thinking of you guys!

I am stuck here "On the sand bar"! I used to ride all over the Eldorado National forest. Finished the "Fools Gold" twice as a tot back in EARLIE 70's. Great events and rides. Do they still hold those events?

I forgot what a "Hill" even looks like. WISH I COULD BE THERE!!!!

• The_Blue_One

Posted August 07, 2002 - 10:39 AM

Foresthill has a small hotel i believe.Auburn has plenty and is about 30min drive.I f you want to ruff it you can also camp in a couple of the staging areas.

• Blade275

Posted August 07, 2002 - 10:49 AM

Perfect timing EGO, I will have just finished my saterday detentions before the ride :) :D :D

• John_Lorenz

Posted August 07, 2002 - 10:52 AM

I added some links to hotels in Auburn on the original post

• Amador

Posted August 07, 2002 - 11:50 AM

I will be there for sure! I love forest hill. I ride there at least 2 times a month. In my opinion, it is the best ridding in norcal. For those of you who have not been there, you are in for a treat. I will be staying in my trusty secret camping spot :)

• Matt_Jolly

Posted August 07, 2002 - 02:05 PM

Amador is your secret spot on the gravel road past the lake? If you go straight instead of staying on the paved road to go the lake there are some good spots. There are some good camp sites out there.

• San_Fran_Frank

Posted August 07, 2002 - 05:59 PM

If you've never been, be sure to stop by Ikeda's on the way in or out of Auburn. It's an awesome farm stand/burger joint, and they make killer pies. Just go a few blocks past the AM/PM Mini Mart intersection, it's on the frontage road on the S side of 80.

I also highly recommend Sweetpea's for breakfast. They're on the N side of 80, also on the frontage road.

Finished the "Fools Gold" twice as a tot back in EARLIE 70's. Great events and rides. Do they still hold those events?

The California Enduro Riders Association still holds the Fool's Gold, our last event was in May. We'll also be running the Training Wheels Family Enduro at Foresthill on October 13.

Start doing a rain dance now!

• jschner

Posted August 08, 2002 - 04:17 AM

I plan on being there. Possibly bring one or two other riders with me. Where is a good motorhome spot?

Related Content

WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.