Steady Throttle Stutter - NO MORE!!

7 replies to this topic
  • rekless

Posted July 13, 2004 - 05:39 PM

I know this subject has been hashed and re-hashed, but I did a mod today that you should consider if you have the steady throttle stutter. I did a search on here about it after becoming thoroughly frustrated, I discovered that by unplugging the TPS and disabling the ACV, it seemed to alleviate the stutter. JD has written about it extensively. I have been on the boards for over a year, and I must have missed it when it was up...anyway, try it, ....you'll like it!! rekless :thumbsup:

PS...you can do a search on the "jetting" forum for TPS and ACV.

• endurodog

Posted July 13, 2004 - 06:00 PM

rekless one of the concerns that some have posted is that it may make the bottom end hit more harsh. This would be a problem at times. Have you noticed this or is it pretty much the same bike without the stutter?

• rekless

Posted July 13, 2004 - 06:52 PM

I have only had a chance to test it on the street. It seems to make a huge difference though. If it makes the hit harder, I didn't notice it. Definately more good than bad!! rekless :thumbsup:

• redrider77

Posted October 02, 2004 - 03:03 PM

I had the same steady throttle stutter problems before I discoed my TPS today. Seemed to smooth it out. Will see how it works in the dirt next week.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • chipwich

Posted October 03, 2004 - 04:58 AM

:cry: for the TPS disco, on or off road.

• Dark Horse

Posted April 07, 2005 - 11:36 AM

01 wr 426 ran like crap till i disconnected it! Feels like a real bike now!

• RNS

Posted April 07, 2005 - 11:50 AM

The only concern I have is overheating because the CDI would be mapped on an advanced ignition curve at lower rpm constant throttle. It seems that with the tps connected the plug voltage drops to create a rich mixture in the cylinder to help in overheating and pre-ignition. Or am I just over estimating the yamaha engineers. I wish someone really had an answer.

"Blind man standing on the side of the road with an answer in his hand" (Neil Young)

RNS

• ddialogue

Posted April 07, 2005 - 02:46 PM

I've been running with mine disconnected on and off road and I love it! :naughty:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.